Discuss Armoured indoor in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

MAD SPARK

I have recently wired 2 external sockets in armoured cable. These sockets are in a stable yard so the armoured runs through the roofspace (clipped and then drops down at each socket and glanded properly. The armoured terminates straight in to the fusebox (again properly glanded) I keep reading around on the tinterweb and seeing things like armoured cable is for external use which is making me worried as to whether what i have done is wrong - maybe i should of used a different type of cable.??

I have recently wired 2 external sockets in armoured cable. These sockets are in a stable yard so the armoured runs through the roofspace (clipped and then drops down at each socket and glanded properly. The armoured terminates straight in to the fusebox (again properly glanded) I keep reading around on the tinterweb and seeing things like armoured cable is for external use which is making me worried as to whether what i have done is wrong - maybe i should of used a different type of cable.??

Would it be suitable for the surroundings?
Could a horse decide it fancied a meal out of it:eek:?

These are just a few things also to think about besides just fitting the sockets.

The armoured itself is clipped to the roof beams so it is pretty much innacessible. It only drops down in two places and it is still about 7-8ft from the floor - is this acceptable?.

The sockets are outside the cable just runs inside where necessary.

i guess if your that concerned you could always gland the swa into some conduit at high level and then just run the inner cores down the tube to the switch?

There are special conditions for farm buildings, an earth fault can kill a horse or cow at far less current than normal situations. No animal should be subjected to risk

A potential earth leakage will probably kill a farm yard animal @ 50 volts, this is entirely due to earth potential between legs of the animal

Under no circumstances should any electrical device be in the reach of any animal

Reply to Armoured indoor in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock