Discuss Back entry wiska box in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

impish15

Trainee
Reaction score
Hi all,

I’ll be fitting a new outdoor light next week. Does anyone have a link to a back entry wiska box they use/recommend please? This is what is currently installed

Many thanks in advance

Attachments

• C5A524F8-9B38-4E3F-A1DA-75AE6EA05BF0.jpeg
    455.1 KB · Views: 17
I usually just open the drain hole at the bottom of a 308 and then cut a 20mm hole in the back of the box... apply a liberal amount of sealant on the back face and then screw it to the wall. If you're really concerned, run a bead of sealer half way up each side and across the top.

I've been doing it this way for many years and have thus far not had any issues with this approach.

I usually just open the drain hole at the bottom of a 308 and then cut a 20mm hole in the back of the box... apply a liberal amount of sealant on the back face and then screw it to the wall. If you're really concerned, run a bead of sealer half way up each side and across the top.

I've been doing it this way for many years and have thus far not had any issues with this approach.
Many thanks. Clear and concise. I’ll go with this

Reply to Back entry wiska box in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, Hopefully I haven't made an error but I was speaking with another electrician and he said standard junction boxes with screw terminals can no...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Electrical2Go - Home Security: Using Floodlights, CCTV, and Door Entry Systems In an era where technology is advancing rapidly, home security has...
Replies
Views
Hi, i live in a new build house where they builders have left a junction box on the outside of my house. In the junction box there is a 6mm twin...
Replies
Views
I'm installing smart modules in my light switches which means I need to replace the existing 25mm back boxes with 47mm ones. Downstairs all walls...
Replies
Views
Mobile home outdoor power supply is a pedestal that power to the mobile home plugs in much like an RV. The main power supply into the mobile home...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock