Discuss bad review unacceptable in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
gave the shed a review on an item. basically, a diall outdoor twin RCD socket. priced at £45. my review stated that similar was £22 at Screwfix.

krpxxrwz57d8nzguwxyj.png

We’ve been unable to publish your review as it doesn't meet our guidelines.

However, you're welcome to re-submit a review after checking our guidelines .

just goes to sghow that these *******s only publish good reviews.

it's all well and good. to our advantage really, that b&q sell to joe public at a far higher price, but some things, like CUs, they sell just at similar price, so customer thinks he;s being ripped off for a CU change @£300 when he can buy it @ £70. customers don't consider the work anf knowledge involved. they only want to pay a decent labour rate when their BMW goes in for a service @£90/hour labour.

The review guidelines state that you should not mention price, B&Q's service or any other company, you are really not left with much to say are you?
If someone is reading a review they will want to know how much it cost, was it easy to get hold of and should I be buying it elsewhere, but you are not allowed to say any of that; they will also want to know if it works, which at least you could say.

for a second i was tempted to take the challenge of submitting a review wording everything tel said without breaking any of their rules. a loaded review, if you will. then i remembered how much i hate their website..

it's all well and good. to our advantage really, that b&q sell to joe public at a far higher price, but some things, like CUs, they sell just at similar price, so customer thinks he;s being ripped off for a CU change @£300 when he can buy it @ £70. customers don't consider the work anf knowledge involved. they only want to pay a decent labour rate when their BMW goes in for a service @£90/hour labour.
the trouble is tele customers thinking we are trying to hoodwink them.

the trouble is tele customers thinking we are trying to hoodwink them.
Haha, very true. Had a woman last week who moaned at the cost (£75 with materials) to move a socket from behind some drawers so she could plug her damn hair straighteners in without an extension lead and stand in front her mirror at the same time.
Yet she asked how long i would be as she was off to the hair dressers where a friend works, I know she spent nearly as much on a hair cut and getting her roots done!!
she no doubt considers that price reasonable but seemed aggrieved at paying me!

I sort of see where they are coming from - they probably have a legal argument for not publishing reviews that mention competitors in case they are even slightly slanderous, and anything with a price in could become out-of-date and give a false impression later on. I also get annoyed when people leave online reviews that confuse the product itself with the service of getting it, e.g. give a good product one star because it was damaged in transit. You might find even if you said how much better it was than anything Screwfix sell, it would still be prohibited because it mentions Screwfix. Be interesting to find out...

the B&Q product was Diall. never heard of that make before. are they an "own brand" product? the comparable item @ screwfix was BG. i've used BG accessories regularly and had no problems.

edit. just found a website suggesting that diall are a kingfisher own brand make of tatt.

the B&Q product was Diall. never heard of that make before. are they an "own brand" product? the comparable item @ screwfix was BG. i've used BG accessories regularly and had no problems.

edit. just found a website suggesting that diall are a kingfisher own brand make of tatt.

Diall, pronounced Dire. I get regular requests, especially on Monday mornings from people asking can you fit my light we bought from B&Q at the weekend. Invariably the house is in darkness, with a bunch of wires dangling from the ceiling?

They then produce a Dire fitting with a base the size of an egg cup, and expect me to cram the cables in there. About time these manufacturers made fittings that can be connect to a ceiling rose. But then there'd be no little jobs for us boy & girls.

Incidentally, what was your review?

check-a-trade sponsor the morning weather forecast and they can't even get that right.

Diall, pronounced Dire. I get regular requests, especially on Monday mornings from people asking can you fit my light we bought from B&Q at the weekend. Invariably the house is in darkness, with a bunch of wires dangling from the ceiling?

They then produce a Dire fitting with a base the size of an egg cup, and expect me to cram the cables in there. About time these manufacturers made fittings that can be connect to a ceiling rose. But then there'd be no little jobs for us boy & girls.

Incidentally, what was your review?
my review was.. too expensive. half that price in screwfix. (the diall outside IPrated double RCD socket was £45 in b&q .similar, but better(IMO) in screwfix,BG for £22 and a few p.).

I do not trust Trustpilot. I know negative reviews have been taken down from there, including one of my own. Basically companies pay to be on there, so impartiality is perhaps lost shall we say.
Screwfix generally accept poor reviews, I have been on there slating certain BG equipment and from what I can gather they are still on there.

Reply to bad review unacceptable in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net