Discuss Basics questions in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

HugoJH

Hello folks :)

I was wondering about trip switch, what's the difference between the 3 wires circuit and the 4 wires circuit?

Again about trip switch, the push-buttons, they're in parallel, so does it mean that you take a phase to the first push button then you make a bridge from the first push button to the second one and you do the same for the wire between the push button and the trip switch.

Also, within a clock, why is it a changeover contact?

I just had some questions, thanks in advance for the help :)

If you need any more details, or pictures of the electric diagram, let me know!

your post is about as understandable as dr. who's metabolism. please clarify.

What sort of trip? Earth leakage, over voltage, under voltage........?

A clock usually has a battery and 3 hands or a digital display to tell the time, not sure what changeovers you are talking about???

Sorry, I lack the vocabularies for english electricity terms, then I am gonna ask simpler questions
We've got something called : Telerupteur in french, I wonder if it's called Teleruptor in english, it uses push buttons and you have to provide a remote switch in the distributor board. you control several lights spot with several push buttons.
Thanks.
l

still vague, but it could be that you have remote switches operating a contactor in the dis.board to control lights.

Well, I wil try to explain myself in a more intelligible way : Ateleruptor is a remotely controlled device by electric impulses. Animpulse on the coil causes the opening or the closing of severalcontacts. The next impulse does the opposite and so on.[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Whenyou push the push button, the coil is energized which closes contact,powering the lamp.

That's what I wrote in my thesis. And I made a diagram on paint :
[/FONT]http://i.Upload the image directly to the thread.com/hrvEI3Y.png[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Also the picture of a teleruptor, that's what I am gonna call it as long as I don't know if it's the real english name :

cablage-branchement_telerupteur_hager_cbtlu4f.jpg

I just want to know the name :)

still vague, but it could be that you have remote switches operating a contactor in the dis.board to control lights.

I should read before posting an answer, that's exactly what I meant, if it's called a remote switch in english it's fine by me, just wanted to be sure!

Thanks for the help, another question if I may, what do you call the device in the disj. board that determine for how long light will stay energized until it shut downs, often used in corridors and stairwells. I am tempted to call that an electronic timer, but it has maybe a name of its own.

Here's a picture of it :
schema-branchement-minuterie-theben-minuterie.png

Thanks!

Actually I am dumb, if you guy have an english manufacturer website to provide, I would stop asking questions that look beyond dumb to you. Sorry.

I don't know how you lads have the cheek to mock the op, what with the bunch of Geordies and Southerners we have I find it easier to understand Hugo :biggrin5::biggrin5::biggrin5:

I think the interesting thing about the term télérupteur is that although literally it just means remote switch, the system of momentary-contact pushbuttons and an alternate action latching relay has found such widespread use in France that the word has come to mean that specific thing. In the UK, we have been much more used to multiway rocker switches and self-timing pushbuttons, so we don't use enough télérupteurs to have developed a word that exactly translates it.

Reply to Basics questions in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net