Discuss Bathroom Bonding in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Do taps, wastes, and towel rails supplied by plasic pipes need to be bonded if protected by a 30mA RCD in the 17th?

What is protected by the 30mA rcd ?........If you mean All the circuits within the Special location{Bathroom etc], then supplementary bonding may be omitted providing disconnection times are met...main bonding is in place and the pipework is in reliable contact to the M.E.T.

spark1

Can someone confirm if you also have to measure the resistance from the cpc of every final circuit within the special location down to extraneous conductive parts etc, with your meter set on the low ohm range. Reading to be <1667 ohm`s in order to omit supplementary bonding.

Havn't got ol' red to hand but found this.

In a building with a Protective Equipotential Bonding system in accordance with 411.3.1.2, supplementary EB may be omitted where all of the following conditions are met:

1. All final circuits of the location comply with the requirements for ADS according to 411.3.2.

2. All final circuits of the location have additional protection by means of an RCD in accordance with 701.411.3.3 (ie 30ma / 40ms at 5x)

3. All extraneous conductive parts of the location are effectively connected to the PEB according to 411.3.1.2.

Note: The effectiveness of the connection of extraneous conductive parts in the location to the main earthing terminal may be assessed, where necessary, by the application of 415.2.2.

415.2.2 (in part)

Confirm that the resistance between simultaneously accessible exposed conductive parts and extraneous conductive parts fulfills the following condition:

R is less than or equal to 50 V/Ia,

where Ia is the operating current of the protective device:

for RCD's, I delta n.

for overcurrent devices, the current causing automatic operation in 5s

Should clear it all up for you.;)

Reply to Bathroom Bonding in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net