Discuss Beer in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

K

Knobhead

What are you paying for your tipple?

Mine is £1-90 for Barnsley bitter.

On the same bar £1-80 if you like mild (which I don’t), £2-00 Oakwell larger and £2-10 Acorn larger (strong).
Not bad for a city centre pub. Nottingham.

Sod it I’m off to the pub

my usuals are real ale in bottles . 3 for £4 tesco. 3 for £4.50 bargain booze.

punjanna is about £1.99 for 80 bags and coffee is £2.19 a jar then you have robinsons 2 for £2 for 2 litre bottles

Spend a few more years in this trade and you’ll be on the real stuff.

Robinson’s (Stockport) in a good pint if you can find a landlord that can keep it.

Last edited by a moderator:
had better stuff out the tap than robinsons, with the exception of one iv'e had the pleasure of years ago, think it was called old tom.

Carling £4 for 4 or £7.50 for 8 at the corner shop....................proper big cans as well not the rip off wussy little cans :17:

It varies. A pint of Becks in the pub round the corner is £3.10, but in the bar opposite it's about £3.40 a pint.
Down town a pint of Tiger will set you back £3.95.

Old man boozers tennents about 2.80 .something abit plusher 3.00-3.50.
i had a good few pints of red stripe on draught in London and Edinburgh recently .priced about 4.00 a pint tho!!thats a rich alkys tipple that.

had better stuff out the tap than robinsons, with the exception of one iv'e had the pleasure of years ago, think it was called old tom.

Old Tom, Robinson’s Christmas ale, strong and dark. 3 pints and your wondering which planet your on, four and you don’t care.

and another old favorite, marstons owd rodger. puts hairs on yer chest.

The last time I drank beer in the UK it was Theakstons Peculiar, it's a name I won't forget in a hurry but I can't remember how much it cost. The pub had done away with the niceties such as decor of any type and beer serving taps, they took it directly from the barrel using the glass. They even got upset when I asked for a new glass when I ordered my new one. I drank about six of the things, it was hard work to get them down and I felt terrible for two days afterwards.

old peculier, one of my favorites. around £1.59 - £1.99 for a 500ml bottle. on draught at one of my customer's pubs £2.95/pint. rocket fuel.

I'm not surprised. I didn't make the same mistake twice, I wouldn't drink the stuff again even if Telectrix was paying :)
in your dreams, marvo. honestly, though, it's a cracking beer, but, like all strong ales ( as opposed to girly lager) needs to be treated with respect. tonight's tipple is cain's ( made in liverpool ) raisin beer. 5.2%. i'm on my 4th.

Reply to Beer in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock