Discuss Begginers questions in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Ben, think you may be confusing yourself a bit, here goes

Earth Continuity - For Class I appliances, the test is to ensure that the connection between the earth pin in the plug of the appliance and any exposed metal casing of the appliance is of sufficiently low resistance.

Readings should show less than 0.1Ω + R1 (where R is the resistance of lead)

Insulation Resistance - This test is used to verify that adequate insulation exists between the mains supply pins and the earth.

Results should be over 1MΩ for Class I and 2MΩ for Class II

Hope this helps and makes sense

Thanks mate,

I think you might be right in the sense of me confusing myself :confused:

I think one of the problems is that im learning to many things at one time and just mixing it all up!
it would certainly make alot of sence Doh!

And yes, it has helped alot. thanks mate. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Begginers questions in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hey all, I'm not sure if I'm over thinking this, but I can't seem to find the answer to what I believe should be a simple question. I picked up...
Replies
Views
JIB Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) Level 2 and level 3 2365 question
Firstly, I’m sorry if this has been asked before - it’s just that with a thorough search I can’t find the answer anywhere. I’m looking at options...
Replies
Views
Hi fellow sparks, I've just started out on my own so I'm spending a lot of my time trying to find out the correct way of doing things of...
Replies
Views
Hello, I need to conduct interviews with experts in the relevant field for my university project. The topic and product that I’m developing a...
Replies
Views
Evening all, Just a quick question, I am an electrical maintenance engineer and have 18th edition, inspection and testing and so on, so I get...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock