Discuss Best Cordless grinders? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Simonslimline

-
Arms
Reaction score
I am looking to buy a cordless grinder and just wondering what to go for!

I have been looking at the dewalt 54v flexvolt range. Pretty pricey though.

Anyone have any suggestions on decent, fairly priced ones?

Thanks in advance.

i stick with my 110V makita. it don't go flat when i'm stuck up a scissor lift.

For 5 to 10 mins worth of work get a skeleton unit to go with the batteries you already have or just go for a powered unit unless you are thinking of earning extra cash lifting bikes at night.

i got one of these.no battery required .

51PLWqshBpL._AC_US218_.jpg

Go for the Hilti one. I’ve changed all my kit for Hilti but pick it up when they have an offer on.

Tried Dewalt not up to much. Again you’ll need spare batteries as they chew them.

If you call your local hti store and speak to the rep they usually have demo units they can sell off.

Good luck

........I have been looking at the dewalt 54v flexvolt range. Pretty pricey though..........
At 450 quid including batteries for a 125mm grinder that's a bit of an understatement.

I've had a bosch 18v cordless grinder for a couple of years, I use it a couple of times a week but nothing too intensive. It's got motor and battery safety cut-off, battery charge indicator and it's pretty capable. More than adequate for my purposes.

I've got the dewalt brushed one, use it fairly often, but I've only used a makita one for a couple of minuets as comparison. Hardy a proper test, but I prefer ed mine. I know it's probably not the best, I got it purely because I had all dewalt kit already and got the bare unit.

I’ve the Bosch 18v and although not used a great deal - having it handy, when you need it, is the best. With the AMD3 CUs, it comes in handy if you need to enlarge the stock 40mm x 60mm rectangle of punch out metal for your cables.

My dewalt has had loads of hammer, I’ve been cutting up 900mm ladder with it since Xmas and I’ve had it for 3 years I think.

They do a more compact brushless version now so I’d go for that one.

Last edited:

Reply to Best Cordless grinders? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net