Discuss Best power tool kits in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

harrison2987

Hi guys,

Looking at purchasing a power tool kit and wanted to know what you guys thought was the best brand of power tool that can live up to the daily strain inflicted on them in a site environment!!

I'm going for the 18v li-ion range of kits and want an angle grinder and circular saw included.

Here are some kits I have found, please share you're opinions and let me know if there are other good brands out there to look at.

Milwaukee
Milwaukee M18PP6B-402C M18 Six Item Power Tool Kit

Makita
Makita DLX6000 Power Tool Kit 18v 3Ah Li-ion Batteries 0088381665186

Dewalt
DeWalt DCK691M3 18v Cordless XR 6 Piece Power Tool Kit with 3 Lithium Ion Batteries 4ah : Tooled-Up.com

Bosch
BOSCH 18V LI-ION 6 PIECE KIT WITH 3 X 4.0AH BATTERIES IN LBOXX (GSB18VLI/GDR18LI/GST18LINCG/GKS18VLINCG/GWS18125VLICG/GLIVARILED)

Cheers,

James

milwaulkee are veryt clever. the 36V SDS hammer drill uses 2 18V batteries in series, so you could then have that with 2 bats, and then end up with 4 batteries in total.

I have used Hilti before and rate them highly but they are out of my price range unfortunately.

For durability and life span what would you recommend?

I currently have a Bosch 36v SDS which i love, a Dewalt 18v combi drill and a Dewalt 18v impact driver.

I want to add one of those kits to my list though but can't decide!!!!

I have 18v hitachi kit comprising of 110v charger ,240v charger, 2x lights , sds , combi drill , impact , radio , circular saw , reciprocating saw , grinder and a Hoover , and a smaller combi drill as spare . Can't fault it also I find hitachi gear is usually cheapest to , since I bought mine the lads in work have followd suit as they were impressed

All our stuff is Milwaukee. Have got 8 year old v28 stuff and M12 stuff. Batteries take a bit longer to charge than Makita but one 8 year old still works perfectly. Anecdotal but have been really good. Would consider going Metabo if was tooling up again.

They have the makita kit in costco for the same price with an extra battery. I would probably consider going metabo too if i was doing it again just because there range is so vast.

I've been very happy with my Bosch since I got them. Stand up well to abuse and a good range to choose from. I can't speak to their circular saw I don't have or use them but my grinder glides through tray and rebar.

Some retailers will let you swap out some skins/bits of the kit, for example going for the high end (Toughseries) or lighter duty (Dynamic - now in brushless) for your drill depending on your needs. Same for the grinder, mine is a 115mm but I see that kit has a 125mm, gives you a bit more flexibility in disks. The worklight is marvelous in dark areas, I use it when isolating a DB has cut the lights to the room :)

If you already have Dewalt stuff if it's the up to date lithium it makes sense to stay with them? At the end of the day your buying into a battery system. If I was buying again I'd possibly buy Makita because they do cordless wooodworking tools, but I also like the Panasonic stuff if Hilti is out of your price range

Reply to Best power tool kits in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net