Discuss best spanner ratchets? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
hey guys,

Been doing lots and lots of metal work like ladder rack, basket and cable tray. now really need some good spanner ratchets you know the ones with the ratchet on one side and normal spanner on the other.

im an apprentice so would like good quality/ moderate but off course done want to break the bank.

mostly been using 17mm and 15mm so would like them two for now...any good ones out there on the internet or elsewhere?

Wera joker
Expensive but very nice.
Halfords advanced set us often 40 notes
bahco set is good and cheap.

3/8 set is cheap (ive got a big 1/2 set and a small 1/4 set)

best spanner ratchets? {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Aright assegayer . Google search channel sockets 17 and 19 mm. For metal munching they are unbeatable. Bit costly but we'll worth the money.
If you are determined to get ratcheting spanners.Facom have a life time garauntee . Well worth the money again
Regards
Rigpig

Hi Paul M

I use the facom nano set but that armeg looks like it is for winners..... cheers. I feel a rash tool purchase coming on!

I wanted one for a while but only got a set a few weeks ago. It is a "get out of jail free card" in the sense of all those awkward little nuts & bolts + difficult to get to screws and star head screws. Versatile as well, fit it to your drill or impact driver and make the job quicker. Last week I had to un-do 14 x 8mm bolts from a 1000A busbar enclosure. Did it in a minuet, by hand it takes bout 10. Well worth getting a set.

Photo added, awkward little bolts to take off, Armeg to the rescue lol.

best spanner ratchets? Mains ISO unit - EletriciansForums.net

Last edited:
thanks for the replys guys. when we do unistrut its usually through rods so we use zebs..but good call...shanky i think i might buy that bahco set looks a good deal..is bahco supposed to be a good company pardon my ignorance

thanks for the replys guys. when we do unistrut its usually through rods so we use zebs..but good call...shanky i think i might buy that bahco set looks a good deal..is bahco supposed to be a good company pardon my ignorance
yes, bahco are very good and have been around a long time

Reply to best spanner ratchets? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock