Currently reading:
Bloody expensive chandeliers..

Discuss Bloody expensive chandeliers.. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Guest569

Cracking job over the last few days although very testing.

Had to remove, transport and install 3 very expensive and very heavy crystal chandeliers.

Got some pics on my Facebook if anyones interested!

https://www.------------/pages/JRC-Property-Solutions/522452294471909

Im sorry if this is deemed advertising? if it is please remove, although it was such a testing job thought folk might like nosey !

yep I agree deffo not deep enough I had to do a similar job at me bruvs his ran in the border though, so as it was prone to digging and disturbance I dug 600mm deep, installed it in ducting to protect from sharp stones also to future proof if ever it needed replacement for drawing fresh cables in. I am sure in the regs it is at sufficient depth to avoid damage from digging so minimum 450mm and warning tape 150mm from surface when it crosses a garden.

As for the chandeliers I had a picture in my mind of only fools and horses when they dropped it lol

Last edited:
yep I agree deffo not deep enough I had to do a similar job at me bruvs his ran in the border though, so as it was prone to digging and disturbance I dug 600mm deep, installed it in ducting to protect from sharp stones also to future proof if ever it needed replacement for drawing fresh cables in. I am sure in the regs it is at sufficient depth to avoid damage from digging so minimum 450mm and warning tape 150mm from surface when it crosses a garden.

As for the chandeliers I had a picture in my mind of only fools and horses when they dropped it lol

No depth mentioned in regs, it just has to be deep enough as to prevent danger or damage I think the wording is.

Nice pictures...trench not deep enough...I like your logo...

And that squire is a compliment sandwich

compliment-sandwich.jpg

Although a very brief one

Yes mate no depth stated in regs tat was my interpretation couldnt remebr were i had read about a actual depth it is in Elecys guide to building regs 500mm minimum and 600mm if in area were double digging may occur

Not deep enough, hell all he's done is lifted the turf!! Cleared away any sharp stones, ...Nope, as for Warning tape, ....don't be so daft!! Really what's the point, ...Fork or shovel goes into the ground, hits and damages the cable before you even get a chance to see any warning tape, even if one was laid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Posting evidence of poor installation methods is leaving you wide open to a possible future lawsuit due to poor workmanship.

Please! I hope your not serious , lawsuits? comments like this are what's doing damage ! Do you know of we dug that trench deeper after the pic ? No.

I know most of the comments are in good humour but it's just getting repetitive now and not doing my reputation any good, I think it's best that I stop posting and pick a new username.

No need to do that Jamie, as a whole your facebook page and business looks very good, you will always get comments when you show too much on the WWW. My bit of advice is to not show off too much you have done because even if it is the greatest work on the planet someone will spot something wrong, cheer up fella, at least your doing well up there, plenty of happy customers.

No depth mentioned in regs, it just has to be deep enough as to prevent danger or damage I think the wording is.

Nice pictures...trench not deep enough...I like your logo...

And that squire is a compliment sandwich

View attachment 22797

Although a very brief one

"Buried Cables, conduits and ducts shall be at a sufficient depth to avoid being damaged by any reasonably forseeable disturbance of the ground"

Please! I hope your not serious , lawsuits? comments like this are what's doing damage ! Do you know of we dug that trench deeper after the pic ? No.

I know most of the comments are in good humour but it's just getting repetitive now and not doing my reputation any good, I think it's best that I stop posting and pick a new username.

C'mon Jamie, be honest, you left the mate to do it, told him to put it 700mm down and he put it all of 20mm down.

I'm often suspicious of tidy CUs! Makes me think what the guy who did it is trying to hide elsewhere. Classic case of misdirection :D

I also agree, that cable depth is laughable!

Jamie, I keep telling you man, slow down! You look like you have yourself a pukka little operation going on up there! You don't wanna jeopardise that do you? Speed and quality are words that don't go together unless you're talking about cars, bikes or race horses! Besides, you're fast on yer way to giving yerself a coronary!

Some nice work their kid BUT as Damian said SLOW DOWN!you're nowt but a pup yet and you ain't gonna make a big dog the way you're going.I know 2 people went down your road,empire building one was dead early 50's and the other had 3 heart attacks and 2 strokes,he's early 50's now and can't even enjoy himself properly in case it kills him.I don't know if you have a partner but I'm damn sure she'd rather have you alive and comfortable than rich and dead!Incidentally I did something similar but I was lucky,I just had a crack up and got out.Thought for the day,the cemetery's are full of wealthy people,do you want to be one? Slow down.

Reply to Bloody expensive chandeliers.. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock