Discuss Boiler at end of bath in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Moving consumer unit for first floor flat from a basement shop to locally within the flat itself via metal clad switch fuse at main intake.
Had a quick look around at condition of the flats installation beforehand. Moved / upgraded con unit and was happily carrying out testing. Moved into bathroom and the boiler is smack bang at the end of the bath and is easily within reach of anyone using the bath. The electrical supply / isolators are all behind a tiled boxing.
This is the only thing wrong with the installation.
Any advice on whether I could just write this issue in the comments and issue the installation certificate.
Or
Not reconnect the circuit ( boiler fed from the only ring main in flat) and tell client that the boiler has to be moved and all associated electrics in order for me to reconnect the circuit.
The flat has tenants with children so hard to leave them without power and hot water.
Any advice would be appreciated

Is the boiler suitable for installation in a bathroom?
It is likely in a zone, the manufacturer may offer some guidance as to where it can be installed.

Any pictures?

Moving consumer unit for first floor flat from a basement shop to locally within the flat itself via metal clad switch fuse at main intake.
Had a quick look around at condition of the flats installation beforehand. Moved / upgraded con unit and was happily carrying out testing. Moved into bathroom and the boiler is smack bang at the end of the bath and is easily within reach of anyone using the bath. The electrical supply / isolators are all behind a tiled boxing.
This is the only thing wrong with the installation.
Any advice on whether I could just write this issue in the comments and issue the installation certificate.
Or
Not reconnect the circuit ( boiler fed from the only ring main in flat) and tell client that the boiler has to be moved and all associated electrics in order for me to reconnect the circuit.
The flat has tenants with children so hard to leave them without power and hot water.
I misread and thought you were carrying out a report and was about to say you have to reconnect as you cant leave them without hot water and heating in winter. I still think you have to reconnect because of the above but it's hard to say for sure without being there. Although if the boiler is literally sitting over the bath then I don't think I could reconnect as I'd be so worried!
As James said, I would contact the manufacturer for guidance ASAP.
Even though it's part of the ring, it must (should) have an isolation switch so you could still reconnect the circuit and just isolate the boiler if it turns out you have to.

If the boiler has been recently installed, the installer may have done something that invalidates the warenty and the certification of safety.

Lol.......good luck with that one matey! ?

i suppose a boiler at end of bath is better than in middle of bath.

Reply to Boiler at end of bath in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net