Discuss Bought myself a CD... in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

Bane

Browsing the web last night and came across this little package. Only cost a fiver so thought, "Why not?"

To list everything it covers would be a pain in the arse so here's the link:

IEE/C&G 2330 2381 2391 2360 2400, Part P, 16th EDITION on eBay, also, Exam Study Aids, Educational Textbooks, Books, Comics Magazines (end time 26-Jan-08 21:57:52 GMT)

Thought that if I could read up on it and absorb as much as I can at least it 'preps' me up a little so I'm not going into anything 'cold' as it were.

What you think guys?

(Thanks beforehand to LScotty, TonyM58 and cirrus who will no doubt give their much sought after opinions too)

:D

I just bought this CD last weekend Bane and for a fiver it is ok but it is basically someones course notes typed up. Some is crap and thinly written but there are 2 good videos and some good info on there so it can't hurt as long as you realise it is amateur.

yeah, i'm tempted to get this too, just bought this book, but because I was at work and no one in the house answered the door to the postman, its now at the local office waiting for me to pick it up.

here it is , its got publish date nov 2007 so hopefully it'll be nice and up dated

Amazon.co.uk: Practical Guide to Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations: Conforms to IEE Wiring Regulations / BS 7671 / Part P of Building ... 7671/Part P of Building Regulations: Books: C Kitcher

anyone else got it ?

regards luke

Yeah I looked at this too last week Luke but never went for it. Would be interested to see what you think and if you rate it I might get a copy ordered.

The little tw#t.

How I read it, it sounded like it was basically written by whoever approves the courses!

:)

Ok, maybe not quite but you know what I mean.

lol! I knew it was amateur but not someone just compiling loads of info. To be honest, you haven't wasted your money but well, you will see what I mean!

I,ve seen the CD, theres a few of them out

One of my mates is the area NIC Inspector (then ones that assess you when you join). He was doing a visit to a factory and the sparks there offered him a copy of a cd for a fiver - he had a look and his OWN 2391 powerpoint presentation was on it!!!

robbing b@@@@ads!!!

I,ve seen the CD, theres a few of them out

One of my mates is the area NIC Inspector (then ones that assess you when you join). He was doing a visit to a factory and the sparks there offered him a copy of a cd for a fiver - he had a look and his OWN 2391 powerpoint presentation was on it!!!

robbing b@@@@ads!!!

Tony

:D:(Copyright comes to mind!!!!!!!:eek::confused:

Yeah I looked at this too last week Luke but never went for it. Would be interested to see what you think and if you rate it I might get a copy ordered.

Hey cirrus, getting back to you in regards with that testing book I mentioned from amazon. I give it a thumbs up, explains everything clearly, its 2007 nov, so its pretty new. and a bargin if you ask me for £14

My CD has just this moment popped through the letterbox but have to nip out.

Will take a look at it later on and let you know what I think!!!

Looks totally professional by the way. Came in a clear plastic sleeve and enclosed was a blank CD.

*Fingers crossed*

ha ha love it Bane - sounds a professional as mine mate! As for the book Luke - might invest (after I shell out for my £800 exhaust at the weekend)!:mad:

Just had a look at that CD and to be honest it looks alright, but then again, it could be crap and I wouldn't know any difference!!!

Seriously though, if I'd have gone on this course "cold" and they started throwing all that stuff at me it'd blow my brains out! At least I know what to expect and can revise in my own time. I imagine a bit of it is getting used to the terminology and putting my head into "study" mode again.

Will keep you posted.

Good lad! You'll be fine fella. There are some outdated bits on there and some that is ok. Use it wisely and I think you will see the benefit.

Chaps,

just be careful on these CD's with the 2391 exams.

A lot of them give past papers with answer sheets, remember that theose answers are one guys opinion. Some of them i have seen are dreadfull, completely wrong (in MY opinion)

one of my 2391 students showed me one where they show inulation tests coming AFTER live tests.

just keep an open mind, the answers are not gospel. There is nothing worse than having to 'unteach' someone before you can start teaching them:rolleyes:

good luck

The auther of that amozon book was my teacher while doing my apprenticeship at crawley college, top bloke who knows what he's on about and doesn't confuse you with babble, haven't read it myself but from just knowing him i'd recommend it. :)

Reply to Bought myself a CD... in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock