Discuss buzzin in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

bahco

right lads need your help please

ive fitted some lv downlights and a lv fitting in my lounge, took the pendant off into a jb then to the 4 spots and the lv fitting, power on all working fine

then walks past my consumer unit and i can hear a buzzin hummin sound, so i take the lid of listen a bit closer went into the room were i fitted the lights turned them off and the buzzin stops.

now the lv light fitting which i replaced the pendant with had a tranny built in but it was non dimmable, so i replaced it with a osram one

you think it could be the transformer? and also ive replaced the 1g switch with a dimmer, its a 400w dimmer easy enough to take the load but that is makin a slight buzzin sound.

the lighting circuit is on a 6a mcb which powers 4 rooms approx 500 watts which i make round about 3a

getting a bit paranoid now so any help would be great thanks matt

check connections are tight
if it continues to buzz it may be worth while to replace it ,if it has tripped previously through short or overload it could be worn
alternativly take it out ,bang it on the desk a few times put it back see if it that cures it!!!!!

thanks for the replys lads

the mcb was tight, took it out hit it didnt work changed the dam thing jobs a good un :)

cheers

Reply to buzzin in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock