Discuss C&g 2377-22 in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

brooky25

Just sat this exam today, Disgusted that I only got 96%. Shame on me I should know better, at least they include more about legislation and the principals of electricity for those that are not sparks. Was told the old 2377 was even easier

Thinking of doing this myself has the 2377-22 replaced what used to be the 2377-12. What sort of exam is it multiple choice, written etc and how many questions and what time limit is there ????

The 2377-22 which has replaced the 2377-12 as you rightly state, is now a 50 question multiguess, and lasts 100 minutes (one hour 40 minutes).

Cheers............Howard

There is also a practical exam included now, nothing much just filling in the forms and doing a class 1 and class 2 test on some random equipment

There is also a practical exam included now, nothing much just filling in the forms and doing a class 1 and class 2 test on some random equipment

There always was a practical element though to the /12 course. Class 1 & 2 and complete appropriate documentation in accordance with the CoP appendix.

Whats changed?

Really????
g.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
always replace tickets with the next one that comes along, or you will get turned down for work
Really? With the exception of the regs course (2382 at the moment) I would have thought it was the other way around - the older qualifications are more highly regarded because the new ones have been 'dumbed down'. That's why I signed up to the 2391 after they announced it was being discontinued.

I won't be renewing my 2377 in either case - I know how to PAT test, my dib card says "City & Guilds 2377 - Inspection and Testing" on it and I'm happy to leave it at that. I probably won't lose too much sleep over lost PAT testing work.

Think I'l wait till 18th edition to renew anything......................:wink:

Dont even mention that I started on the 14th then the 15th and the 16th plus the 17th then hiving off the I&T and 2377 so if they want to do it then I suggest they do in 20 years time plus thes clowns cant even get the EICR mess sorted never mind an 18th

Dont even mention that I started on the 14th then the 15th and the 16th plus the 17th then hiving off the I&T and 2377 so if they want to do it then I suggest they do in 20 years time plus thes clowns cant even get the EICR mess sorted never mind an 18th

Started on 16th myself, 6 months before 17th came out....sigh! Total balls up at college, no-one really knew what was going on. :freak:

I am another oldtimer that started on the 14th, and have taken every exam since then regarding Regs, etc, and 2377.... but being self employed, its a real pain, because I am the one who has to pay/lose time doing !

Reply to C&g 2377-22 in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net