uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Can anyone recommend a good free cad app in the Electricians Software | Electricians Downloads area at ElectriciansForums.net

Scolmore Electrical Products
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Reaction score
I cannot recommend a free software however ElectricalOM by Modecsoft is a very good package, from designing a system, there is a cad section where you can import dwg etc and edit drawings inside the core software, also has the ability to create test certs, arc flash studies etc, they do do a free 14 day trial I believe if you are interested in trying before buying, as Pete above has already said you don’t get much for free these days that’s worth any real value.

timbobelfast

-
Arms
Reaction score
I cannot recommend a free software however ElectricalOM by Modecsoft is a very good package, from designing a system, there is a cad section where you can import dwg etc and edit drawings inside the core software, also has the ability to create test certs, arc flash studies etc, they do do a free 14 day trial I believe if you are interested in trying before buying, as Pete above has already said you don’t get much for free these days that’s worth any real value.
Another vote for ElectricalOM. I use this quite a lot, although I do export to Cad to attach to drawings.

As has been said, you get what you pay for.

If you charge accordingly then the costs will be more than covered.

Free stuff is OK to cut your teeth and learning with, not everyone can drive Cad to produce acceptable drawings.

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
i know. bloody scandalous. and hmrc want me to pay income tax???? sod off. theys already had it.

Reply to Can anyone recommend a good free cad app in the Electricians Software | Electricians Downloads area at ElectriciansForums.net