Currently reading:
capping

Discuss capping in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Buzz-light-bulb

Does anyone know anywhere in the regulations that it states I have to use capping to protect cables when embedded in plaster as I am currently on a rewire, it says in on site guide that if there's no rcd protection it does require metal earthed capping

At the risk of being facetious, I'd say don't earth your capping, then get your rewires done even quicker. You do take a while. Daz

I was taught to always earth capping..old company still does it. Safe zones yeah but what if you install and a sharp edge of caping has sliced into a cable by accident ? you have just installed a large piece of metal in the wall that is now live...I earth it then I know I don't have that problem as any contact to live will also be to earth and trip.

I think it was councils who insisted on this even when not required..but Ive always just thought it was good practise too ! Id rather do that than potentially make a wall live, not know till someone soaks it with paint and gets plated.

Reply to capping in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock