Discuss Career paths in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Bit of info about me first of all im 18 on an electrical installation apprenticeship doing my level 3 this September got all distinctions in level 2 B in maths A in all sciences

Just wondering once i have qualified what other qualifications should i go after and what is the highest paid electrical career path too seek wanting too get as much under my belt before its too late too teach and old dog new tricks ahaha

Thankyou

Regards, Connor

It depends whether you want to stay on the tools or go desk based.

If you want to stay on the tools, the inspection and testing C&G 2391is a good and well recognised qualification.

If you fancy a more supervisory role, the design course might then be worth doing (used to be C&G 2396 or 2391-20 I think).

If you're thinking of getting off the tools then C&G in Autocad is valuable.

Then it's a case of HNC, HND, degree etc. Look at Building Services Engineering courses, as well as electrical /electronic courses. I'd start by looking at the degree course (BSc or BEng) and then work out which other courses you need to complete first to be able to enrol rather than doing the first course that comes up - basically planning your long term learning.

I fortunately did my learning young as I think I'd struggle now with other commitments.

Nice one ill have a look into them courses AM2 and inspections and testing i get put through anyways and too be honest i know im capable of something like a masters but unfortunately uk we no longer offer that for a spark

Nice one ill have a look into them courses AM2 and inspections and testing i get put through anyways and too be honest i know im capable of something like a masters but unfortunately uk we no longer offer that for a spark
After you’ve got your level 3 quals, if you wanted to be more office based you could jump straight onto the HNC/HND for either electrical eng or building services then on to the top up degree, the next couple of years will be a good time as the apprenticeship levy is currently in full swing

Last edited:
Bit of info about me first of all im 18 on an electrical installation apprenticeship doing my level 3 this September got all distinctions in level 2 B in maths A in all sciences

Just wondering once i have qualified what other qualifications should i go after and what is the highest paid electrical career path too seek wanting too get as much under my belt before its too late too teach and old dog new tricks ahaha

Thankyou

Regards, Connor
Become a PLC programmer. Become fluent at using TIA Portal

Go and do a mechatronics higher apprenticeship after you serve your time as a spark

Reply to Career paths in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock