Discuss Category 1 observations and recommendations in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

IT seems to becoming regular that Cat 1 work is being ignored by school governors, despite informing them that they are safety related items. Maybe a child has to be fried before they will take notice.

Well, the current regs changes are in part due to an MP's daughter being electrocuted by banging a nail in to hang a picture, so sadly I think you are right - that's what it will take.

Don't know whether it'd be of any value in protecting yourself, or just for your own peace of mind, but it may be a good idea to follow up all 1s with a registered letter (then they can't say they didn't receive it) to the school explaining just how serious their situation is. A couple of weeks after the PIR should be enough.

Reply to Category 1 observations and recommendations in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Firstly I am new to the forum, so will start by saying hi. I work as an electricians mate, and am joining the forum to gain experience...
Replies
Views
I've recently has an EICR (report attached) carried out on my two bed flat because I need to rent it out for a year. The electrician has come back...
Replies
Views
I have had my kitchen rewired and plastered. I have had a 6mm t+e on a dedicated 32a circuit for a 60cm electric cooker. In hindsight, had i known...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm looking at putting some warm white LED strip (3000k) in aluminium profile under some kitchen cabinets, so just looking for...
Replies
Views
Hi I am carrying out an EICR. I have a garage mini sub DB supplied via 2 x 2.5mm T&E equivalent 5.0mm protected at main DB by a 32A mcb. I know...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock