Discuss Charity request in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

James

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
Good evening,

please have a read below

My mother and her long time friend have taken up a challenge to raise money for a charity dear to my heart, Alzheimer’s.

It is a cruel end to many peoples lives who should be enjoying their final years enjoying time with family and friends.

Further information about the disease can be found here Alzheimer's disease symptoms | Alzheimer's Research UK (alzheimersresearchuk.org)

If you have not got the time to read above link, the long and the short of it is.

It will slowly reduce mental capacity and memory, some people forget who there close relatives are and others forget how to make a cup of tea.

It affects your daily life to the point you can’t cope on your own.

My mother and her long time friend have made a pledge to walk one of the toughest challenges I can imagine, involving over 630 miles of hiking around the coastline of the uk, it is not a simple walk, there are more ups and downs than a hookers draws!! Just the ascent and decent is nearly 22 miles.

This weekend, I shall be meeting the pair of them as they cross the finish line near brixham in devon.

The weather for the last stage of the hike is forecast as Wild wind with torrential rain.

I have no doubt that the weather will not stop them completing their challenge but it will, I am sure put a damper on their spirits.

PLEASE LOOK HERE AND DECIDE IF YOU CAN GIVE A LITTLE TO THIS CAUSE.

Judy Green is fundraising for Alzheimer's Research UK (justgiving.com)

P.s. I am not in the habit of begging for money but on this rare occasion, I am actually asking you personally or business wise, to donate something to this charity.

Judy Green is fundraising for Alzheimer's Research UK (justgiving.com)

Reply to Charity request in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock