Discuss Chint CU in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

chint... a lot of other makes will fit, but beware of absolving the manufacturers from blame if it catches fire or any other problem. chint MCbs are easily obtainable so fit the correct ones.

my wholesalers are Chint stockist.
They are called LPD electrical, Moss Industrial estate, leigh, Lancashire.
I don't know if they'll do a telephone order or not.

don't think you can fit a telephone in a chint CU. LOL.

chint... a lot of other makes will fit, but beware of absolving the manufacturers from blame if it catches fire or any other problem. chint MCbs are easily obtainable so fit the correct ones.

no one seems to sell em round here ( CEF Wilts Edmunds etc) , and all the online shops wanna charge more than twice the price the breaker to post it ffs

phone chint(uk) 0161 762 9333 and find your local stockist.

Chint are a cracking board. Exactly the same as the old Europa mcb's and boards. Buy Europa if you can't find chint! My wholesaler stocks chint

Last edited by a moderator:
don't think you can fit a telephone in a chint CU. LOL.

I once fitted a telephone in a coffin.

I owned a company that made flightcases & rented the top floor from a bloke who had a Shopfitting business.

This bloke decided to try to diversify & find other markets for his skills & machinery, & so bought a coffin to see how it was made & if he could make them competitively. The answer was that he couldn't, so his plans came to nothing & he was stuck with the coffin that he'd bought.

We, upstairs had some noisy machinery - saws to cut aluminium extrusion, saws to cut wooden panels, an air compressor, air drills & rivetters etc. and it was often difficult to have a conversation on the workshop telephone.

One day, I had a brainwave & nicked the coffin, dragged it upstairs, stood it up on end, fitted a shelf in it across its widest point, lined it inside with foam to soundproof it a bit & stuck the telephone on the shelf inside it. It worked perfectly as an acoustic telephone booth !!

The same coffin was used as a makeshift desk for the VAT inspector to work on when he came to do an inspection on us - we even fitted it with a nameplate with his name on it !! That was the first & only time he came to see us !!

Reply to Chint CU in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock