Discuss clipped direct in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

blenki

Hi , i have got a lot of twin&earth clipped direct to the walls of the cellar steps going into light switches and sockets , diagonally and horizontally , is this acceptable and if so do i need to fill the holes in the switch&socket with silicone sealant. Ta

theyre just plastic surface mounted boxes, whoever originally put them in has just drilled a hole into the side of them to put the cables in

Hey.

Whan you say "clipped to the walls of the steps" is there risk of damage by the people walking down the steps/carrying stuff down??

Does it warrant trunking/conduit??

Worth a thought.

Cheers.

hi lenny , my worry is the box on the schedule of inspections ROUTING OF CABLES IN PRESCRIBED ZONES , im not sure whether i can tick it or not , there is allways a chance that the cable can be knocked or caught , if i put some top hat trunking over it will this be adequate to be able to tick that box

hi, i think youll find that routing of cables in prescribed zones refers to concealed cables, hidden in walls,this is to prevent damage from nails and the like,surface mounted on show do not need to be in zones, unless the wall is less than 50mm thick and accessable from the other side,ie someone banging a nail in from the other side.personally id trunk or conduit them to prevent mech.damage tho.

Reply to clipped direct in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi! I've got a couple of 32A Wago clips. Creating a spur socket from a ring circuit with these is quite easy, but I wanted to know if it's...
Replies
Views
Hi. I live in an older house and I have old white twin and earth cables going through walls in large white pipes. Unfortunately, some mice managed...
Replies
Views
I'm installing smart modules in my light switches which means I need to replace the existing 25mm back boxes with 47mm ones. Downstairs all walls...
Replies
Views
I'll start by saying - I have absolutely no intention of doing any wiring or anything electrical myself. You get someone professional to do a...
Replies
Views
Hi there! While making my bed I managed to flap my covers around so much that it hooked around my light and ripped it clean out of the socket...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock