Discuss Complying with Part M... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

DNS1

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
Merry Christmas guys...

Was walking back from the parents earlier, full of beer and turkey and for some unknown reason my mind decided to start trying to interpret building regs...

Part M says that on a new build, I have to install the DB where it can be accessed by people with disabilities (ie: on a fairly low level). However, I also have to give consideration to putting it in a position where it can't be tampered with my kiddies...

Is it acceptable/compliant to simply install the DB up high and say that the need to need it out of reach of children outweighed the need to have it accessible by people of limited mobility, or vice versa?

Seems the regs are contradicting themselves... again...

nope , the requirement for access by disabled folk outweighs the risks of child tampering.
millions of CU's are in under the stairs cupboards easily accessable by kids but reported incidents caused by this are scarce.
i'm not seeing any contradiction TBH.

Children fiddling with the CU isn't really a issue to me (may result in somebody actually pressing the RCD test buttons!), unless you're installing MEM, proteus or any other brand infamous for having it's front cover fall off if you sneeze on it

not as sick as HT's post. i'll get him back one day.

ang0304l.jpg

Reply to Complying with Part M... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi people, I'm having a brain fart moment. What is the minimum distance between enclosures, with doors that are facing each other? In...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I've just been perusing the AM2/E/S threads on here. Thought you might like a bit of a review. If, like I did, you find yourself...
Replies
Views
Hi, we need some advice on our scenario with regards to our rewire plan. I will get this out of the way first... We are planning to put the house...
Replies
Views
So im hearing all different versions from people. some people are saying that you need to pass a part p exam and become a part p electrician. Ive...
Replies
Views
Been looking at a job that needs a new CU and associated sockets & lights. The structure is a kit log cabin (fancy shed). Part M specifies that...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock