Discuss Confirmation please..... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi every one...
can some one confirm that domestic consumer units now have to be metal and not plastic...are there any other main changes...regarding part p...

cheers
Richard..

Consumer units - IET Electrical

As stated in Note 2 to the new regulation, the implementation date for the regulation is 1 January 2016. This is six months later than the effective date of Amendment 3 as a whole.

thank you......
this is going to take more time...not like the plastic ccu that you could use the knocks out ...cutting out with Stanley knife ect..to add circuits to a existing ccu...metal ones you can use hole cutters ...fitting swa and glanding not sure how this is going to work with T+E and glanding not going to get a good ip rating seal...if your only choice of entry is through the side/bottom of ccu..interesting....

thank you......
this is going to take more time...not like the plastic ccu that you could use the knocks out ...cutting out with Stanley knife ect..to add circuits to a existing ccu...metal ones you can use hole cutters ...fitting swa and glanding not sure how this is going to work with T+E and glanding not going to get a good ip rating seal...if your only choice of entry is through the side/bottom of ccu..interesting....

SPRINT Tails Kit | Brass Tails Kit | Wiska UK Ltd. | Manufacturers | Building Materials Supplier Prices | Trade Building Supplies Pricing | LUCKINSlive

Ah. There's anothet £100 on the price of a Db change then. I have an existing social housing contract also which prices have been agreed. I really should start putting conditions on big tenders

Ah. There's anothet £100 on the price of a Db change then. I have an existing social housing contract also which prices have been agreed. I really should start putting conditions on big tenders

They will have been designed to AMD 2 though so I don't see a problem?

Like these.

Oh WOW!!!!

There it is writ large slap-bang in the middle of that advertisement from a professional outfit for the whole world, his wife, his mistress and his dog to see; "All incoming METRE tails ..." :mad2:

Unbelievable ... absolutely effing unbelievable!!! :frown2:

Is there to be no end to this mindless mangling of our wonderful English language???? :angry_smile:

Hi every one...
can some one confirm that domestic consumer units now have to be metal and not plastic...are there any other main changes...regarding part p...

cheers
Richard..

Moderators, isn't it about time we had a 'Sticky Thread' on 3rd amendment CU in domestic properties (don't tell me we already have!). We're having loads of threads all over the place on this subject, people obviously feel the need to discuss different issues on this subject, wouldn't it be better if it was in one place?

Moderators, isn't it about time we had a 'Sticky Thread' on 3rd amendment CU in domestic properties (don't tell me we already have!). We're having loads of threads all over the place on this subject, people obviously feel the need to discuss different issues on this subject, wouldn't it be better if it was in one place?

On a day such as this you expect Mods to be galloping around with their glue pots & brushes stickying things???

They're all in the beer garden quaffing ice cold fizzy lager or chasing bikini-clad nubile young nymphs around the beach.

You silly boy!! :laugh:

We should have one on Garden sheds for sure.

Reply to Confirmation please..... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock