Discuss Correct Procedure??? in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

E

essexboy

Thanks for taking time to read this thread

having obtained my 2381 ,2330 i`am now in the process of getting a notifyable job done for my niceic assessment unit but need some advice on the correct and legal way to go about it.

my consumer unit needs upgrading so this makes it the ideal job to keep niceic hopefully happy and for me to get a pass.

i have a 60amp service fuse ,16mm conductors (P+N) into the meter and 16mm tails up to the old 60amp/rcd consumer unit and a 6mm main earth from incomer to the MET (tn-s)

i would like to install a new 100Amp/80Amp30Ma rcd split load consumer unit and upgrade tails to 25mm2

i have notified building control and awaiting there reply ,and need to now the correct order to complete the work??

should i wait for BCO reply
arrange for DNO to upgrade service fuse, P+N+E conductors and install isolator
before i install the new consumer unit???

or wait for BCO reply
arrange for DNO to fit isolator
install the new consumer unit
then arrange for DNO to come back to upgrade conductors???

i would be most grateful for any help as i want to get this right :)

as long as you have given building control two working days notice, you can commence with the work, you are only notifying them you are doing it - not asking their permission

just speak to the DNO and see which way they want to play it

once the supply is isolated, do your CU change (including tails) and they can do their work in one go

Reply to Correct Procedure??? in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock