Discuss Could anybody help me diagnose this problem? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Kyle808

DIY
Reaction score
Hi I have a 3phase shop in a high humidity area in (Hawaii) and I'm having some issues with low voltage on the single phase outlets on the 120v side.

Every once in a while the electric goes out on the regular outlets but the three phase works perfectly fine.

Usually at night all the outlets have super low voltage and they only work when I have a large draw such as my ac unit running which also uses 120v.There’s been a few occasions where the electric spikes and burns out my appliances.

It never did trip any of the breakers on the box
And when I use my 120v wire wheel and mig welder sometimes it kicks on and off.

My led shop lights flashes in a even pattern and when I turn my fan on it barely spins unless I have a large draw.

Could the problem be on the transformer?

Any advice would help out a lot, i've had a professional electrician come to check it out and he said he couldn't find what the problem is.

Thanks,-Kyle

Hi I have a 3phase shop in a high humidity area in (Hawaii) and I'm having some issues with low voltage on the single phase outlets on the 120v side.

Every once in a while the electric goes out on the regular outlets but the three phase works perfectly fine.

Usually at night all the outlets have super low voltage and they only work when I have a large draw such as my ac unit running which also uses 120v.There’s been a few occasions where the electric spikes and burns out my appliances.

It never did trip any of the breakers on the box
And when I use my 120v wire wheel and mig welder sometimes it kicks on and off.

My led shop lights flashes in a even pattern and when I turn my fan on it barely spins unless I have a large draw.

Could the problem be on the transformer?

Any advice would help out a lot, i've had a professional electrician come to check it out and he said he couldn't find what the problem is.

Thanks,-Kyle
I would also state that it sounds to me like it’s a possibility that it’s a power company issue.

Reply to Could anybody help me diagnose this problem? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net