Discuss CT Cable.... run in with 230v ?! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

sythai

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Got little bit of situation, hopefully someone can advise please.....

Got an EV charger going in, groundworker has only run x1 duct. Did ask for x2 (power + data.)

I've brought my SWA cable already otherwise could have run in ev-ultra cable (not used this type yet.)

Question is what affect would it have if run CT Cat 6 cable in with 230v SWA cable in same duct ?!
Maybe I'll be lucky 🤔

Would never even consider this if C6 was going to be used for anything going back to router.

Thanks Sy

I would not expect any operational issues as long as the swa is bonded at one end.
your biggest concern is damaging the coms cable when pulling them into the duct.
it may be worth, if possible running the coms cable down some 12 or 16mm flexible conduit first and that will give you some mechanical protection when pulling down the duct.

Reply to CT Cable.... run in with 230v ?! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Merry Christmas to everyone, and apologies for talking work during the holidays😅 I have my first EV charger install job early in the New...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Im quoting to install an EV charger (Dont worry - fully registered, but only been 2 weeks so i'm still picking bits up). Consumer unit...
Replies
Views
Doing full rewire customer asked me to run a supply for future use car charger supply I ran 6mm 3core swa to where the car charger is going in...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Victron Multiplus-II 5kVA inverter/charger with Pylontech US5000 batteries installed in my house along with a 6.8kWp PV array and...
Replies
Views
I have to extend the cable for the CT clamp for a EV charger installation. I was going to use external cat5e CAT5E External Duct Grade Cable PE...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock