Discuss CU Bargains in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

topquark

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
Electricfix have an offer on at the mo: BG CU, split load with 1x80A (30mA) RCD + 8 MCBs (2x6A, 2x16A, 3x32A, 1x40A) and 2 RCBO's (6A, 32A). £50+VAT!

B&Q were doing them for a fifty including and they have loads in stock all of the time ;)

:thumbsup

**** Ignore me, just noticed the RCBO part ****

B&Q were doing them for a fifty including and they have loads in stock all of the time ;)

:thumbsup
Now you tell me, I've just placed an order :) Too wide for one job (limited space).

Edit: just checked, the B&Q ones are dual RCD (not my preferred approach).

Last edited:
Electricfix have an offer on at the mo: BG CU, split load with 1x80A (30mA) RCD + 8 MCBs (2x6A, 2x16A, 3x32A, 1x40A) and 2 RCBO's (6A, 32A). £50+VAT!
Seems decent enough but I would prefer it with another RCD just to split them circuits down a little more.

the b&q units are dual RCD, 10 MCBs, and hi-integrity so you can fit RCBOs if you want.

Seems decent enough but I would prefer it with another RCD just to split them circuits down a little more.
Yep, horses for courses mate. This is replacing one of the old 6 way 3036's (only one ring currently etc, etc).

Yep, horses for courses mate. This is replacing one of the old 6 way 3036's (only one ring currently etc, etc).
Very true, not one install is the same as another. Shame they don't do a selection pack where you can pick and choose MCB/RCD/RCBO for a set price.

also the B+Q i use has loads of board kits , but there is not a breaker or RCBO to be seen

Well i have to say these boards are not bad the casing is quite strong and in all fairness not a bad budget board , now i have 2 gripes with these boards one is the amount of exposed metal on the neutral cables , bit of heat shrink sleeve wouldnt go a miss then as with almost every board the untidy internal wiring ,makes wiring a pig , it wouldnt take much to re rout the cables to make them a very good board for the money just my thoughts on themCU Bargains BG board 002.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

I always keep a couple of these on the shelf for emergencies and for use in rented properties there is plenty of space in them as you can see its just them dam link wires really bugs me so easy do do them neatly and give plenty of room within the board

now i have 2 gripes with these boards one is the amount of exposed metal on the neutral cables , bit of heat shrink sleeve wouldnt go a miss then as with almost every board the untidy internal wiring ,makes wiring a pig , it wouldnt take much to re rout the cables to make them a very good board for the money

That's true of most if not all boards, so I wouldn't knock them for that. I like/us the hager boards partly due to familiarity, partly due to reliability, and partly because I have spares and breakers etc for them. They suffer from exactly the same faults as you describe though. Still, I suppose all the manufacturers figure that they needn't spend time and money on finishing the cabling when they know we will do it for free.

that's 1 good thing about the chint boards. solid tails to RCDs. with these BG boards, i usually remove the tails then refit after wiring up.

I Do quite like the chint boards for that reason , only problem i have is no one round here stocks the dam thing , i can get a 15 way hi integrety sheep mind

low intelegent sheep more like , they all are lol , well as you guys know i like my boards neat and do them neat im installing one of these boards either this week or a few weeks time so ill take some pics and post them up

Reply to CU Bargains in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock