Discuss CU Bargains in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

The model that's arrived (CUSLP18012-XD) has two spare ways in addition to the MCB/RCBO mix, so is a true 12 way (in addition to the main incommer and RCD). Not an HI unit like the B&Q advertised dual RCD one though.

First impression is that it feels more sturdy than my usual choice of MK. Space for an extra neutral bar (if needed), would take an 8 way extension bar. Sturdy busbar cover with a nice positive fit (not likely to move about when fitting the cover on!).

As Nick said plenty of space. I can see what's meant about the neutral tails, they have an abnormally long prong on the ferrule (as said not a huge issue, just makes it look odd).

CU Bargains IMG_0235[1] - EletriciansForums.netCU Bargains IMG_0234[1] - EletriciansForums.net

I fully agree with you amp David how ever it would not take or cost much to heatshrink the lugs thus reducing any possability of shorts you look how tight the RCBO,s are to the exposed neutral lugs perhaps im just being a fussy old fart i dont know

fitted a B&G bord today, 3-4 screws in the earth bar were all so tight i could barely get them in without rounding the screws off! tempted to start buying another make of board, any reccomendations? my local senate are selling sector ones with free LED worklights, apparently they are made by wylex?

Hager still amonst the best it would seem. Crabtree and Wylex still OK. Not sure about Schneider as I've only used their shower units. As mentioned MK not as good anymore (but still not too bad).

schneiderformerly Square D are ok but expensive and the rcbo's have stupid curly neutral leads , which are a pain in the butt, ex army the Sector ones are made by electrium who also make volex crabtree newlec wylex , MK are no better than proelec which is a cheap CDU ive not used Hagar the crabtree starbreakers are a cracking board although one of the RCD's in the dual RCD board covers 3 moduels

i like the starbreaker board, nick, but the only thing against it is it's inflexibility as regards you're not able to vary the layout.

fitted a B&G bord today, 3-4 screws in the earth bar were all so tight i could barely get them in without rounding the screws off! tempted to start buying another make of board, any reccomendations? my local senate are selling sector ones with free LED worklights, apparently they are made by wylex?

You need to show it some love, talk nicely to it and gently fondle it's screw area lol

I have found that some of the screw threads can be tight and the heads weak but Tel has pointed out a link to a proper consumer unit TERMINATOR in a previous post (or thread?)

Reply to CU Bargains in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock