Discuss Cutting printed pcb board in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

jtaylor87

DIY
Reaction score
2004 Ford Territory

The stock fascia is head doing. Once all the fascia is removed in order to access the CD player behind the fascia, there is a printed pcb board that runs from above the CD player to below where the climate system controls are.

Is it possible, to cut a section of wanted parts off the printed pcb board without compromising the board and the parts I do want to continue to use.

You shouldn't cut the PCB because the copper tracks between components would be broken
You can however unsolder whatever parts you need and solder / change into another PCB
Appreciate the help Eddy!

Understood.

Two functions are being controlled by the the pcb.
The climate controls (bottom) and the CD player/radio (top).

I want to remove the CD player and place in a Bluetooth head unit.

With the pcb being in the way of this and I’m unable to cut out a section of the pcb; is it possible to create a new pcb board?
The newly created pcb would run all the current connections and only handle the climate controls

Yes you can physically cut a PCB using a Dremmel and a small cutting disk but as per Eddy I wouldn't recommend it. Just as a footnote don't believe what you see in YouTube videos....

I doubt that even a manufacturer such as Ford would design things so that something that is likely to need maintenance access, such as a CD player, is impossible to remove.
There's almost certainly a relatively simple and easy way to access and remove the unit without destroying anything, although it may not be immediately obvious.

Reply to Cutting printed pcb board in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net