Discuss CV19 music nothing else !! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

David Prosser

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
I like to listen to mostly rock type music but never rule out any genera or type. As this ---- goes on I find music can take on new meaning so I thought I'd fire up thread on music to fit the mood, please add some songs and artists and if you feel like it a bit of an explanation. This obviously is not obligatory. Often a song can just sum up who you are or what you're feeling and need to justify that can feel like you are watering down that emotion so no need but please put the artist and song title so everyone can find it.

I'm just putting up three to start with and will let you know that as I'm a key worker (not after any praise but to so understand I'm not stuck in all day) I'm actually enjoying certain aspects of life currently. Keep adding no repeats and we should a great play list !

1) By My Side - INXS. Certain aspect of life are pretty ---- right now but I'm very glad my family are by my side.
2) There goes my hero - Foo Fighters. Awesome song (acoustic version=goose bumps) that sums up pretty much everyone who just cracks on with any job that keeps the world ticking on, you don't have to be heroic to be someones hero .
3) Drink in my hand - Eric Church. I like a drink and after a week at work, well I miss the pub !

Not the best song ever by any means, but one from my youth and I find the guitars suitably nervy and on edge. Expresses my anxiety a few weeks ago quite well. I think we all probably had a couple of weeks at least of less than the best mental health

A wonderful piece to centre yourself to and be grateful for what you have. What we should all be doing.

Something to bounce about and feel happy to :)

I’m all about 90’s indie and Brit pop.

Happy Monday, Blur, The Charlatans, James, Oasis, Stone Roses, Carter USM, etc...

In my head I’m stuck in 1995 and 16 years old. ???

Now that’s what I WANT to listen to...

What I AM listening to, thanks to my daughters are...
The 19 year old is into kpop. Manufactured pop groups from S Korea... BTS, Blackpink, Stray Kids and about 7000 other identical groups...
The 14 year old is mildly obsessed with Eurovision Song Contest, even the songs from this years cancelled event. Fountain of knowledge about it though.... handy when it comes to an online pub quiz.
And the 12 year old plays her own on a needing tuned piano. A wide range from Morning Has Broken to Gerry Cinnamon.

Bonkin' in the Bilges
Pumpin' on the Poop deck...
all long gone now:(

However, I have been reviewing my record collection in lockdown and would share this with those who remember, and those who are much younger will realise that today's "rock music" is a pretty poor, milky slop, compared with the greats of old...
I give you
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctzpnaLlGOs

Reply to CV19 music nothing else !! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net