Search the forum,

Discuss Danfoss inverters available in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

About 20yrs ago I worked as an industrial electronics service engineer. Used to fix all manner of inverters of a different flavour - variable speed motor drives. Remember a Danfoss drive coming in for repair one day. Built like a brick outhouse and lightyears ahead of the competition in terms of sophistication. If their PV inverters continue the tradition, I'd expect them to be very good.

I'd be interested to hear others' opinions on these inverters. I've not used them but if availability becomes a problem then they may be an alternative.

We were looking at them because they've got 3 mpp's in 4kpw version and 2 in the 3 and 3.6. Household name well understood by customer, an easy sway if you're struggling for stock I'd think.

I have used quite a lot of drives from different manufacturers including Danfoss. ABB solutions have been by far the best for me. ABB, Vacon & Danfoss may have some kind of relationship between the companies.

Danfoss have always had a decent enough name in variable speed drives, and their inverter offerings for PV seem to be ok too on paper but I've heard conflicting feedback on actual performance and reliability - always the way I guess. One thing to note - leakage currents in their inverters seems to be a bit on the high side.

We're providing the Eltek THEIA range of inverters with the single-phase HE-t model (HF transformer) having 97.3% peak efficiency and built-in webserver with full colour LCD. The 3.8 unit is capped at 16A on the output too. 10yrs warranty as standard.

We've fitted a few Danfoss TLX15's and they seem ok apart from the display went on one after 6months but they sent a new one out pretty quick and a claim form for changing it. I find them a bit easier to configure as you can just plug in an ethernet cable and away you go, no need to mess about with blutooth etc. Found it very easy to update the firmware and change the parameters to G59/240 as well.

Reply to Danfoss inverters available in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back