Discuss Dash cam issue in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

tom2rn

DIY
Reaction score
I have a dash cam which will not work properly with my 2016 Toyota Highlander Limited. I wired the camera to the fuse panel for continuous power in order to operate my parking mode. It will magically turn itself on hours after parking and run for hours then shut off when I stop the car and the parking mode isn't turned on. Long story short, I believe it is because in some late model Toyotas it will intermittently ping the EVAP system and draw 3-4 volts which the camera senses. The workaround I have found so far is a back up battery which would probably isolate the camera. I'm not going to fork out 300 plus dollars for this. Is there something else that could be used to prevent the current spike from reaching the camera and making it misbehave? A filter?

Reply to Dash cam issue in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I just installed a mirror style dash cam and backup cam system. I have the included harness kit ran to the rear of my truck that includes a 4 pin...
Replies
Views
I've bought a new (to me) car and the location of the cigarette lighter socket means it's better for my old dash cam to be hard wired. Handily...
Replies
Views
I have a question for you all, We recently moved, and the old house had the analog meter on it, the new place has 3 structures on the property.. a...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Im new here and desperate for some help, I have posted this on multiple mini forums and the car has also been to multiple garages and an...
Replies
Views
J
Hi I am having a few issues with the earthing at my house. This is a bit long winded but hopefully you can understand. I am not a time served...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock