Discuss Deliveries! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

topquark

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
Bored, bored, bored .... Typical, waiting for four deliveries. Two turned up just before half eight this morning. The others are coming by royal mail recorded delivery. Look at the tracking number for one of them and no tracking information is available until AFTER they have been delivered :( Hoping they'll come with the postie some time before 1400!

Don't you just love these kind of days?

Watever you do DON,T go for a pee,the minute you do they,ll knock you,re door stuff a not in card through the letterbox and be gone before you zip your pants up! seriously they must have some kind of built in radar,sat in all day once ran out of smokes going rabid so just before 5 nipped to the shop,literally 200yards from our house just coming out the shop and the guy,s getting back in his van just managed to catch him.

Well one's arrived with the postie ....... and it's the new esr meter, so now I have something vaguely useful to do :)

We used to live 200m from a main sorting office, they cheeky sods used to fill out the cards at the office then just post them through the door so we could go 'collect' our mail. Postie got a shock one day and his manager also got an ear full, the free stamps did not ease my annoyance!!!

you think tat's bad. i've just found out that there is only 1 wholesaler within 40 miles that stocks contactors with 110v coils. just had to go 12 miles each way.

Had a royal mail tracked delivery that was tracked as in Gatwick sorting office for two days and then two hours later showed as delivered, rang them up to say where was it delivered and they said oh that is a scanning error it will be with you later today!
Another one "delivered" the package while I was waiting in for five hours, until I rang and they told me it was outside, doh!

You can buy online from Tesco and collect it at your local store I use this method with Screwfix as I used to get tired of wasting petrol to find out an item was missing so I use click and collect from my local branch but with tlc I wish they got the same system as security warehouse that pins it down to a 1 hour window

You can buy online from Tesco and collect it at your local store I use this method with Screwfix as I used to get tired of wasting petrol to find out an item was missing so I use click and collect from my local branch but with tlc I wish they got the same system as security warehouse that pins it down to a 1 hour window
I've ordered from TLC online for "next day" delivery before ... only to find out midday the next day that their van was full, they just didn't tell me grrrr.

I've ordered from TLC online for "next day" delivery before ... only to find out midday the next day that their van was full, they just didn't tell me grrrr.

TLC's van (from Portsmouth) gets to me on Tuesdays and Thursdays. When I order online, I've found that if something's out of stock it can take a couple of working days for them to get it in for delivery. I now never assume delivery until I've received a confirmation e-mail from them. At least they usually let me know that it'll be a PM delivery and, once the van driver gets to know you, he'll leave things where you ask if you're out.

I take it they refund the next day premium if they do not have it in stock must admit I like the Screfix system if it aint in stock they get it to that branch next day and you aint paying for it

Royal Mail are awful around mine, they often put cards through saying I was out when I know full well they never tried to delivery the parcel.

I take it they refund the next day premium if they do not have it in stock must admit I like the Screfix system if it aint in stock they get it to that branch next day and you aint paying for it
Next day is their "normal" delivery (I usually order sufficient not to pay delivery charge using their local delivery by van option, comes from the local branch (it's only £3.60 for small orders though)).

Reply to Deliveries! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock