Discuss did you believe this ......?????? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
today on my email address arrives this video from one friend..he asked me to see the video and to comment what i think of it..after watching it I was impressed and to be honest im not sure if I have to believe it or not..when I watched the video, it looks like it works perfectly..what do you think of it..give your opinion please..

i thought i'd solved it. every 3 hours had to get out of bed to pee. kinetic energy for free?? then discovered that what comes out has to go in. in my case 4 pints of organic energy (beer) converted to 2 pints of pee. 50% efficiency due to body retaining all the goodness.

One of my old bosses back in the eighties became obsessed by proving perpetual motion using water wheels. He was like a mad professor bit like Doc off back to the future, he constructed this huge corrugated tank enclosure on some waste land at Pinewood Studios and he paid us cash in hand to adapt and fiddle with it at weekends. Guess what after 5+ years, nothing proved good fun though.

11 minute Impressive, Certainly not.

What would have been impressive would have been a 24 hr video showing it still running and able to supply power for appliances plugged in.

It's not "Free", it cost energy to run up the flywheel.
It will eventually run down and stop with losses and with appliances plugged in, sooner rather than later.

We are nowhere near getting the balance of energy out to match energy in
High efficiency is the target for all machines
Mechanical losses and electrical losses are always present

If you were to re post the thread in a couple of hundred years,the recently invented friction less bearings may be on the market and add that superconductivity at room temperature and running them in a vacuum,then maybe we can start to imagine this dream
Get these minor problems out of the way and the fantasy contraptions we sometimes see being touted energy free,they may not be so rightly ridiculed

no matter how technology advances. a basic law of physics is that energy cannot be created or destroyed. that means that even with 100% efficiency, you can't get out more than you put in.

Yup if you take in the sound the setup emits. the air its moving around the heat it generates a lot of energy is being wasted so more needs to be put in than is taken out at the 13A socket.

Interesting, but the blokes no carpenter though, even if he does have the tools. For goodness sake someone buy him some plugs, or at least some matches. Stuffing the wires in the sockets like that is disgraceful!

OP ... Love it :)
It will certainly stop once the stored energy in that fab flywheel is exhausted unless it's replenished from an unseen source. Clearly it's using a motor and generator that each have losses (just ask manufacturer) joined by copper wires that have losses, so it's all coming from the stored energy in the flywheel during the initial run up. Bonus points for his enthusiasm sleeping next to his machine :)

In most parts of india or whatever, where there are lots power cuts, some quite short time frames, I can see connecting this kinda storage of energy up and being able to suffer less. Albeit now suffering with the noise of a merry-go-round in your room.

But it's not creating free energy. And it's going to cost more than nothing to spin-up that wheel, so it's not free.

It's quite a neat way to store some kinetic energy though I guess?

He needs to team up with Elon Musk lol

Tesla to build world's biggest lithium ion battery in South Australia - https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/jul/07/tesla-to-build-worlds-biggest-lithium-ion-battery-in-south-australia

This is serious storage.

Still not free though.

Reply to did you believe this ......?????? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net