Discuss Diversity (hot tub) & (sauna) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello there, I have a sub main in a small bunker that is supplied from an in house 50A supply that then supply’s a 6mm2 SWA that supply a small board that feeds a sauna and hot tub and also a 32 A commando socket and some small led lighting they are Adding in 2 x 3kw Emerson’s for a shower can I add diversity to this or not ? 100% then 80% after ?

Hmm, 50A is more than 6mm SWA is typically rated for if 70C limit applied, so unless your stuff is 90C rate (and XPLE cable) then a bit dodgy!

I can see a hot tub being on for a long time, so I'm not sure how much diversity could reasonably be applied to that load. LED lights probably can be ignored.

Hmm, 50A is more than 6mm SWA is typically rated for if 70C limit applied, so unless your stuff is 90C rate (and XPLE cable) then a bit dodgy!

I can see a hot tub being on for a long time, so I'm not sure how much diversity could reasonably be applied to that load. LED lights probably can be ignored.
Sorry 50A supply’s the sub board then from that 6mm2 40A breaker supply’s another sub board to feed sauna and hot tub

It might be pushing it for extra load.

You can set a timer for immersions, but the hot tub is basically on all the time… you can’t predict when it’ll draw power…. Although it does try to heat up whenever the cover is taken off or a relatively cooler body goes in.

Just have a cold shower. It’s supposed to be healthy to go from hot to cold.

Reply to Diversity (hot tub) & (sauna) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi everyone, A diversity question concerning 2 consumer units fed from 100amp DNO supply Background, So I have an 18th Ed compliant consumer...
Replies
Views
I’m a trainee electrician and would really appreciate the benefit of someone’s skill and experience on the following: Our house is a TN-C-S (100A...
Replies
Views
Just pricing up a job for a back garden hot tub (32A fixed supply, not the 13A temp type). 6mm SWA to rotary isolator etc. all fine but I'm...
Replies
Views
Not 100% sure on the requirements for RCD protection of outbuildings. I am going to run 10mm2 SWA, about a 20m Run, to a sub board in the...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m new here so hello and thanks for looking. I’m looking for what is, I’m hoping, a quick bit of advice. I’m having an 8kW sauna heater...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock