Discuss Do i need to re-test? in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

DanBrown

Ive just been asked to sort out the mains distribution to do with a commercial restaurant. The work involves re-configuring the mains tails as their is 3 distribution boards fed from it and is a bit on the dodgy side. My question is... If i change the mains tails, does that mean the entire place has to be re-tested?? i.e. all three boards...
I would say so, but just need a confirmation.

Thanks Guys

Dont see any reason why you need to retest the whole installation.

Then again, i suppose your Zs may be different on the circuits.

Depends how much work you have to do or if it literally is just the mains tails.

Maybe do a before and after on the circuits and check against existing test results?

Dont see any reason why you need to retest the whole installation.

Then again, i suppose your Zs may be different on the circuits.

Depends how much work you have to do or if it literally is just the mains tails.

Maybe do a before and after on the circuits and check against existing test results?

Thanks for that Jase!.

Hey mate.

I'm guessing the tails are only short and not a sub-main??

I would say that all you need to do is check the Zs and PSCC at each DB after you've changed the tails and this should be sufficient.

On NIC test forms there is a line just for the meter tails so I would say that you could just fill this in and your covered.

In the extent box obviously just put upgrading of meter tails only.

For peace of mind you could measure Zs at the end of a circuit on each board

Cheers:D

Reply to Do i need to re-test? in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net