Discuss Do you ever feel so Stupid in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net

cliffed

-
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Had a great job with an old mate of mine,he wasn’t to sure how to connect ufh heatmiser wireless system.
Did all the hard graft,conectted all,fuse blowing in Boiler.
Theres no earth fault so a dead shout somewhere,refitted boiler fuse,they had a spare one,blew 3 amp on switch spur.things are not good.
disconectedd the plug in‘s to the boiler this time,everything working,no fuse blowing.
Gotta be the boiler,brand new one.
Then I looked @ the primary pump connection on the plug in,had polarity mixed up.reconnected all ok.
Sych a fool,wasted 2 hrs,all fine now all working.
Anyone had the similar scenario.

This is the problem when use to working on AC with no polarity, when you work on DC where it matters you get caught out.

I did it with a Dynamo, always worked on Lucas and the field was live, but every other make the field was chassis, so I flashed field to live instead of chassis on a French car and a dynamo set to positive return does not work well when battery set to negative return.

No excuse I knew they were reverse, just had a blond moment.

Had a great job with an old mate of mine,he wasn’t to sure how to connect ufh heatmiser wireless system.
Did all the hard graft,conectted all,fuse blowing in Boiler.
Theres no earth fault so a dead shout somewhere,refitted boiler fuse,they had a spare one,blew 3 amp on switch spur.things are not good.
disconectedd the plug in‘s to the boiler this time,everything working,no fuse blowing.
Gotta be the boiler,brand new one.
Then I looked @ the primary pump connection on the plug in,had polarity mixed up.reconnected all ok.
Sych a fool,wasted 2 hrs,all fine now all working.
Anyone had the similar scenario.
I think we all do things like that at some point, it's always something simple!
Usually when we're tired and towards the end of the day.

One springs to mind....good few years ago...honest:)

A mate asked me to make up two,good quality 25 meter extension leads,plug top one end,double flying socket at other..."i want that nice rubbery stuff...."

So,i got the finest HN07 and Duraplugs...made a nice job of them...ferrules,slack in the right places...lovely.

He rolled up to collect them as i was coiling them, in to two bundles......only to then realise,i had put a plug top on both ends of one,and double socket,on each end of the other...muppet:cool:

lost count of the nuber of times I've terminated varios cables then realised I'd not fitted the shroud or passed cable through a hole first, or a few times termiated or jointe a cable avove a suspended ceiling then found cable passing under a grid strip.

Made a few stupid mistakes an usually when I'm rushing or tired.Always better if you can return the next day with a new perspective . Fault tracing for example it's amazing how you can work things out when you have the chance to relax and think things through.

I don't like vegans either, weird folks.

Made a few stupid mistakes an usually when I'm rushing or tired.Always better if you can return the next day with a new perspective . Fault tracing for example it's amazing how you can work things out when you have the chance to relax and think things through.
Agreed... the number of times I've given up on finding a fault with the promise to return in the morning... only to realise what's going on during the drive home !

I could tell you of a few idiot moments. However I will refrain from doing so as this is not the electricians arms.
go on, we all done stupid things in our time. one of mine was not electrical related, it concerned a marriage ceremony. (WELL 2 ACTUALLY).:(

go on, we all done stupid things in our time. one of mine was not electrical related, it concerned a marriage ceremony. (WELL 2 ACTUALLY).:(

Oh dear, did you say “I do” when you should have gone for a pint instead?

Reply to Do you ever feel so Stupid in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net