Discuss Downtime this morning in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Reaction score
Had some downtime this morning. The whole forum would have been inaccessible.

We have some issues regarding member permissions, a bit of a glitch in the database that stores who is allowed to access which forum etc. I attempted to fix it but hit a snag so had to pull up a full backup from 5am this morning. So some data may be lost between then and now.

I will need to try again to fix the permissions issue but I'm going to need my server guy and the software makers all around at the same time so that we can watch what's going on with each step to find which bit breaks things, and then fix that. Then crack on.

So I'll let you guys know before I do anything, and I'll see if I can get our people online during the night GMT to it is least disruptive.

I apologise for the downtime this morning.

I noticed something had rolled back. There was a nice message from yourself on the climate change thread that has disappeared.

Ah that explains it! I noticed the same message. Or rather I did, then I didn't.

Still getting ads showing in the reply box which means I keep having to type a line and then scroll up to see my next line. Very frustrating.

Reply to Downtime this morning in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Article
ANNOUNCEMENT: New Moderator Assigned: @Megawatt (Please congratulate!) @Megawatt has been a forum member for a while now, he's an American chap...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm Dan. Sorry people I've been so busy. I've has some health issue that are all sorted now. I haven't been on the forum as much but that's...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm Dan. Sorry people I've been so busy. I've has some health issue that are all sorted now. I haven't been on the forum as much but that's...
Replies
Views
I own a top floor tenement flat that I used to live in and then rented out after I married. It is currently empty whilst some work is being done...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Disclaimer: I'm not an electrician and have very basic knowledge of electrical installation. We've been putting in a new kitchen into an...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock