Discuss dumb question in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
got a client who owns a coffee shop and insurers are DEMANDING an EICR, now i know its going to fail cos its held together with chip fat, mouse droppings and my electrical tape, mainy because there is no money in the business and times are hard etc. but i was wondering if there were any guides to specific requirements for ponsy coffee shop type cafe' places and should they be tested yearly following the heartstopping report that i am going to produce and eventually after the price argy bargy and el cheapo repair job that will only withstand 1 season of chef resting his hot utensils on the plastic stoplocks.
:banghead:

got a client who owns a coffee shop and insurers are DEMANDING an EICR, now i know its going to fail cos its held together with chip fat, mouse droppings and my electrical tape, mainy because there is no money in the business and times are hard etc. but i was wondering if there were any guides to specific requirements for ponsy coffee shop type cafe' places and should they be tested yearly following the heartstopping report that i am going to produce and eventually after the price argy bargy and el cheapo repair job that will only withstand 1 season of chef resting his hot utensils on the plastic stoplocks.
:banghead:

And these are the places that the government say are low risk and do'nt need HSE inspections, mind you it looks as though they've been lucky not to have had a visit.

you have to feel sorry for the struggling shop owners though i mean £1.90 for a cup of coffee, whats the guy going to do with £1.90 next time i go in i'll give him a fiver and tell him to keep the change,

well the overheated 100amp incomer keeps the shop warm as it's drawing around 115
the collection of left clothing in a box at the back makes a nice home for the furry friends, who regularly test the IP rating of the fixed equiptment. but the best highlight is when you have to change the lamps above the extractor hood, have got a 6 inch crow bar to get the covers off the lights
not even sure i should take my multifunction tester into the shop, am thinking long extension lead from the car and get the apprentice to do the test, oh and i can hear it now, you want to turn all the electrics off for how long...........

new thread coming soon -
electrical tester required - would suit flexible positive minded individual looking to learn in a diverse environment

right rant over - back to creating the invoices - or creative invoicing not sure which

well the overheated 100amp incomer keeps the shop warm as it's drawing around 115
the collection of left clothing in a box at the back makes a nice home for the furry friends, who regularly test the IP rating of the fixed equiptment. but the best highlight is when you have to change the lamps above the extractor hood, have got a 6 inch crow bar to get the covers off the lights
not even sure i should take my multifunction tester into the shop, am thinking long extension lead from the car and get the apprentice to do the test, oh and i can hear it now, you want to turn all the electrics off for how long...........

new thread coming soon -
electrical tester required - would suit flexible positive minded individual looking to learn in a diverse environment

right rant over - back to creating the invoices - or creative invoicing not sure which

You forgot " cant you come back tonight when we are closed" " It was OK yesterday till you touched it" ........................................

all electric no gas and a strange black cable that goes from the henley to the garage that is rented to his 'mate for storage puropses' but am guess that will be in the limitations box.

oh and i am happy to work thru the night at no extra cost

Reply to dumb question in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock