Discuss EICR OBSERVATIONS in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Evening all, just a query!

I’ve been asked and have completed a C2 observation on a EICR. I never carried out the initial EICR but have installed supplementary bonding inside a property which has now got a clean bill of health.

The customer has asked me for a revised EICR that states satisfactory which I’m a bit dubious in doing as ultimately my name will be on a report I haven’t done?

Any ideas how you guys would deal with this matter?

I’m assuming he wants the report for insurance purposes as it’s a rental?
Mike

You can't do that.

Just certify the work that you have done, so I guess in this instance an MEIWC which states "installation of supplementary bonding [in bathroom?] only".

Then this can be presented alongside the report to demonstrate that these works have been corrected.

For a new report you would need to carry out an inspection - there is no sense in adopting that approach and certainly don't alter someone else's report.

I'm a bit curious as to why the person that carried out the EICR did not get the remedial work.
Did the installation look Ok at inspection?
Probabaly cuz the Sparky didn't know what he/she was doing, at a guess.

Perhaps the original spark quoted for the work, but the OPs price was cheaper???
Yes , but he would still have to get the original spark back to check the work and update the report , or pay the OP to undertake a further report.
Seems a bit strange to me.
I know with a multiple repairs it may be viable to do it that way , but for one simple job it just seems strange. Probably just me.

Yes , but he would still have to get the original spark back to check the work and update the report , or pay the OP to undertake a further report.
Seems a bit strange to me.
I know with a multiple repairs it may be viable to do it that way , but for one simple job it just seems strange. Probably just me.

There is no need to get the person who carried out the EICR back after remedial work has been carried out.
Cowboys and con artists try to convince customers that they must get them back to re-test after remedial work as a way of forcing a customer to use them for the remedial work, they are often the same people who put nonsense observations on the report to create work for themselves.

Once an EICR has been issued to the customer it is complete and should not be altered, it is there as record of the condition of the installation at the time it was inspected. All remedial work should have a suitable certificate issued which forms a record of the repairs carried out.
[automerge]1577140872[/automerge]
I'm a bit curious as to why the person that carried out the EICR did not get the remedial work.
Did the installation look Ok at inspection?

Probably because the customer has more than half a brain cell and can see the obvious idiocy of getting the same person to do the remedial work as does the report.

There is no need to get the person who carried out the EICR back after remedial work has been carried out.
Cowboys and con artists try to convince customers that they must get them back to re-test after remedial work as a way of forcing a customer to use them for the remedial work, they are often the same people who put nonsense observations on the report to create work for themselves.

Once an EICR has been issued to the customer it is complete and should not be altered, it is there as record of the condition of the installation at the time it was inspected. All remedial work should have a suitable certificate issued which forms a record of the repairs carried out.
[automerge]1577140872[/automerge]

Probably because the customer has more than half a brain cell and can see the obvious idiocy of getting the same person to do the remedial work as does the report.

I am aware that he does not need to get the original spark back to do the remedial work, and agree with your reasoning behind it.

Maybe I have misunderstood the Op. I read it as the landlord wants the OP to alter or, copy a report he has not done. The remedial work was not major and just seemed logical to me that it would have been prudent for the tester to carry this out.

This is the statement that worried me.

The customer has asked me for a revised EICR that states satisfactory which I’m a bit dubious in doing as ultimately my name will be on a report I haven’t done?
Source URL: EICR OBSERVATIONS - https://www.electriciansforums.net/threads/eicr-observations.181744/#post-1596999

All my customers are idiots for trusting me?

It's only idiocy if there is no trust between tradesman and customer.

I would agree it's not wise for large jobs but for a domestic I would suggest idiocy is more than a bit strong.

All my customers are idiots for trusting me?

It's only idiocy if there is no trust between tradesman and customer.

I would agree it's not wise for large jobs but for a domestic I would suggest idiocy is more than a bit strong.

Trust can be misplaced and does not guarantee honesty.

Trust nobody and you will never be disappointed.

Reply to EICR OBSERVATIONS in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net