Discuss EICR queries in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

chris gray

-
Arms
Reaction score
Good morning.
I do a whole lot of testing for my company, I don’t fill out the actual EICR forms though. My mother’s badgered me into doing a EICR on her property she rents out so I’ve had to buy the forms to fil put myself. I’ve gone for the kewtech tc3 & tc5
I’m stuck on 3 parts:
Part 1 is on page 1
It states: ‘report authorised for issue by:’
*would that be my or the client? Or would this be the QS, (me)
Part2 is on page 2
‘Main switch/ switch fuse/ circuit breaker/rcd’
It asks ‘location’
*would that be in the cu or location of cu?
Part3 is on page 2
‘No. Of inspection schedules attached:’
*Im unsure what they’re referring too here?

Thank you for any advise

TL;DR
EICR queries
tc3 & tc5
I’m stuck on 3 parts:
Part 1 is on page 1
*would that be my or the client? Or would this be the QS, (me) . you
Part2 is on page 2
It asks ‘location’
*would that be in the cu or location of cu? Can be CU or upfront isolator if fitted. location is where it's at. e.g. under stairs/garage/kitchen/meter box.
Part3 is on page 2
*Im unsure what they’re referring too here? inspection schedule is the several sheets of tick boxes and comments. (usually 1 schedule for an installation). should also be no. ot test reults attached, which is your readings, (IR, Zs, etc.)

abd if you search this site there are editable forms, downloadable so you can fill in on computer. looks more professional than the average sparks' spider scrawl.

tc3 & tc5
I’m stuck on 3 parts:
Part 1 is on page 1
*would that be my or the client? Or would this be the QS, (me) . you
Part2 is on page 2
It asks ‘location’
*would that be in the cu or location of cu? Can be CU or upfront isolator if fitted. location is where it's at. e.g. under stairs/garage/kitchen/meter box.
Part3 is on page 2
*Im unsure what they’re referring too here? inspection schedule is the several sheets of tick boxes and comments. (usually 1 schedule for an installation). should also be no. ot test reults attached, which is your readings, (IR, Zs, etc.)
Thank you

To add, aside from the editable PDF form on this site, some more options for professional looking forms:

Megger Form Filler (free)
Windows software, keeps a database of inspections, thing I like the most is circuit details and test results are on one landscape page not two.

Also worth a look at Electraform - web based, has phone mode, and you pay for credits, so for occasional use it's a fairly good option costing almost nothing. I think their generated reports are not most efficient in terms of number of pages, but they look quite good.

I pay 75 for iCertifi for a year if you have ipad or iPhone you can get a 3 month for 35
that's 20 bottles of beer. and I refuse ipad as they upgrade the ios so you need to buy a new ipod to download apps..just ordered a new android tablet. every thing better spec. than ipad.

Reply to EICR queries in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net