Discuss Electricaire ducts- how do we get rid of them? in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Catlady17

DIY
Reaction score
Hi, we have bought an old house with an old electricaire duct heating system. We are planning on getting rid and installing underfloor heating and probably a heat pump. We did consider keeping them and getting an air to air heat pump system but we're talked out it by a heating engineer who said they are dusty, noisy and needed regular filter cleaning etc.

My query is, what do we do with the duct system that's throughout the walls of the house? Do we just board them up or do we fill them with expanding foam or something??

Thanks

How useful to have a ducting system already installed!
I helped a friend utilise his redundant ducting to lead CAT6 cable and satellite cable through his. We took the louvred outlets off, replaced with inspection hatches and drilled holes to suit/inserted modular connectors. It looked very neat. I certainly wouldn't fill them with foam!

Could be useful if you want to install a heat recovery system

How useful to have a ducting system already installed!
I helped a friend utilise his redundant ducting to lead CAT6 cable and satellite cable through his. We took the louvred outlets off, replaced with inspection hatches and drilled holes to suit/inserted modular connectors. It looked very neat. I certainly wouldn't fill them with foam!
Thanks, this is a good idea! We do need a lot of rewiring etc so the electrician might find the ducts useful I suppose!

Reply to Electricaire ducts- how do we get rid of them? in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock