Discuss electrically confused in the USA area at ElectriciansForums.net

o decided to go solar got the panels n they came to upgrade fuse box new one in other words they got it done but i have 6 plug ins or recepticales not working in my basement the laundry room lights wont work but the washer n dryer work i have like 5 upstairs that wont work and my kitchen lights dont work but the microwave and stove work n the garage sockets dont work they have been at it for a day n a half so far with no change n be back monday any idea what problem could be is this normal at all

I can speculate on the problem - did the contractors arrive wearing stetsons and riding on horses ? Basically, if they did a board change and left that lot not working then it "calls into question" their competence to be doing it. I'd be suggesting getting someone else to have a look as soon as they say they have finished - if they are that bad, you want to know straight away if there's any problems so they can be sorted.

I can speculate on the problem - did the contractors arrive wearing stetsons and riding on horses ? Basically, if they did a board change and left that lot not working then it "calls into question" their competence to be doing it. I'd be suggesting getting someone else to have a look as soon as they say they have finished - if they are that bad, you want to know straight away if there's any problems so they can be sorted.
well i guess i shouldnt of said a fuse panel upgrade, they took out the fuse panel n rand installed the solar net metering deal im not sayin that matters cuyz i agree with you i think they know how to install it but when there waS A problem they didnt know what to do they started thursday morning were here allday left with no power tro those i mentioned came back friday at 1pm were here til 5 n left with everything still the same n said they would be back monday OR tuesday i agree with you 100% thank you for your time

A few pics would be of great help. Maybe the fuse box and solar equipment? Sounds very unfortunate. I can't imagine leaving people without power that is unacceptable. It does seem that you have socket power and can use socket lights for now so presumbaly you are not left in the dark with no heating. If there was problems putting in the new box and the RCBO (receptacles? is that what you mean?) keep tripping then there are faults to be found on the circuits (lights it seems) that should have been picked up prior to taking such a bold box bodge.

the majority of the house works its like 10 plug ins in the house and like7 light fixtures that arent working ill send some pics of the old panel and the new solar metereing deal we aqre still not riunning on solar i dont think we are still on regular city utilities i think

In America? Due to the terminology and the zip code location

Sockets and lights are usually on the same circuit, if I understood American wiring correctly… maybe serving only one room…. So to have so many items not working seems a major issue.

With a bit of common sense thinking, any electrician should be able to find where the fault lies, maybe not fix it straight away, but certainly find it…. Narrow it down to a possibly faulty device within the new panel, or a loose wire somewhere.

I hope they’re not charging you for all this time

In America? Due to the terminology and the zip code location

Sockets and lights are usually on the same circuit, if I understood American wiring correctly… maybe serving only one room…. So to have so many items not working seems a major issue.

With a bit of common sense thinking, any electrician should be able to find where the fault lies, maybe not fix it straight away, but certainly find it…. Narrow it down to a possibly faulty device within the new panel, or a loose wire somewhere.

I hope they’re not charging you for all this tim

heres where i believe part of the problem is its one of those govt assist deals where they pay for the panels n instalation i figured theyy would hire someone reputable to do this but.....

o decided to go solar got the panels n they came to upgrade fuse box new one in other words they got it done but i have 6 plug ins or recepticales not working in my basement the laundry room lights wont work but the washer n dryer work i have like 5 upstairs that wont work and my kitchen lights dont work but the microwave and stove work n the garage sockets dont work they have been at it for a day n a half so far with no change n be back monday any idea what problem could be is this normal at all
If I was you I would be mad as hell, everything was working great until the solar people started their work and no way would I have not let them have the weekend off until I had all my power working. There is nothing that we can do to help you but is a separate electrician changing out your main panel or is it the solar people ?

If I was you I would be mad as hell, everything was working great until the solar people started their work and no way would I have not let them have the weekend off until I had all my power working. There is nothing that we can do to help you but is a separate electrician changing out your main panel or is it the solar people ?
its a seperate contractor i dont even think they did anythin g yesterday but check a couple of plugs

Reply to electrically confused in the USA area at ElectriciansForums.net