Discuss Electricfix catalogue and 18th. Edition ! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Finally,not phased, I have found an outlet to purchase my much awaited SPD,s (surge protection devices) and AFFD,s (arc fault detection devices),namely via SCREWFIX !In fairness the only supplier I know who have openly approached the supply of such.
I priced up a standard 10 way board,to include 10 combined AFFD,S/RCBO,S,with of course an SPD,the princely sum total of £2207.89 !!!
Bear in mind this does incl.vat but NO labour costs.
The GB electrical world has finally gone mad !!!!!!!!!!

Not only would such a CU be expensive, it probably wouldn't fit where many existing CU's are to be replaced.
the mere mention of this to a customer - "but you can opt out", will probably put most off.
I'm sick to death of it all, I really cannot wait until I retire.

Now in my final years, I'm considering not paying out for the 18th nor my NICEIC renewal in the coming months.
I only use them for BC notifications, a Friend with Napit can now do 3rd party notifications so may just pay him for each one.

The £500 a year plus other costs doesn't warrant the small amount of notifications I do.

The industry is doomed I tell you Doomed. :)

Not only would such a CU be expensive, it probably wouldn't fit where many existing CU's are to be replaced.
the mere mention of this to a customer - "but you can opt out", will probably put most off.

Now in my final years, I'm considering not paying out for the 18th nor my NICEIC renewal in the coming months.
I only use them for BC notifications, a Friend with Napit can now do 3rd party notifications so may just pay him for each one.

The £500 a year plus other costs doesn't warrant the small amount of notifications I do.

Agree 100 %

The 18th will be my last unless my lottery numbers come up by August this year

;)

Don’t panic!
Don’t tell them your name Steve!
You stupid boy!
You know the NICEIC don’t like it up em?

So a new consumer unit is now going to become a very significant expense on a rewire or installation upgrade
I am trying to understand the sudden need for all this extra protection that needs to be added to an installation especially when there is very little evidence to justify the reg change and no guidance on how to find the fault when an AFDD trips. Are they susceptible to nuisance tripping? does anybody know?. How do we test them or prove they are functioning correctly.
There are so many questions but very little information available even chatting with the manufacturers at Harrogate ELEX last year they didn't seem to be up to speed with the introduction of the regs only 6 months away

Reply to Electricfix catalogue and 18th. Edition ! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock