Discuss Electricfix in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

All I did was fill out the online application, got a emai a couple of days later saying could i provide more information regarding qualifications. Sent a email giving them relevant info and now have a account there.

I signed up for the Electrifix a few months ago, and Im not a member of a scheme or JIB.

I hadnt actually planned on doing it, but while buying some parts in my local Screwfix (Kingston upon Thames), the guy behind the counter asked me if i was a sparky, I told him yes, and he asked me if i wanted to sign up for Electrifix and get a possible saving of up to 20% on all future purchases.

He asked me what qualifications i had, and told him i had City and guilds parts 1 and 2 in electrical installation, he then made a phone call to the appropriate department, and that was it, i was all signed up just like that.
He didnt even ask me for proof of my qualifications, he just gave me the benefit of the doubt, and didnt even ask if i was the member of a scheme !

And yes as others have asked, you still get a discount even if you just go into a normal Screwfix branch, I bought a set of drain rods a couple of weeks ago, and the invoice printed out as an Electrifix one with a discount included !

All I did was fill out the online application, got a emai a couple of days later saying could i provide more information regarding qualifications. Sent a email giving them relevant info and now have a account there.

Cheers Dillb, just done it, took less than hour!

Can I clear something up What you have is NOT an ACCOUNT what you have is access to better prices than screwfix MOST of the time as if screwfix are running a promotion it doesnt apply to Elecrtifix
they all run their Credit Account through TRADEUK credit card
As for wholesalers open on a sunday Im sure ( correct me if Im wrong) Eddies glasgow a while ago opperated a system that if you ordered stuff then you could go pick it up almost 24hrs a day mon to friday as they had guys in working I Never used this but Im sure I heard it I do know HSS use to have 24/7 branches
Our local electric center in stirling are open a saturday morning depending who is working depends what time they open normaly 8ish till 12ISH I find this realy handy for van stock stuff order during week collect on a saturday

I think in every single post 'electricfix' is spelt different in every single post. The correct term is 'electricfix' how do i know this?? I know this because I'm really clever*

*how did we ever live without google???

whats electicfix prices like

there price for FP200 Gold 2 core 2.5 was very good last September,
however right now the price is CR@P for the same cable
(I was doing a shopfit in London August, September last year and I quoting for another job now)

like everything check the prices and compare.
being able to login and check their prices is useful

Wot pi$$es me off about screwfix but trade point in particular is the whole "trade only", "only for the trade", "trade welcome" rubbish they push.
When in reality, the staff are on a reward scheme to sign up as many as possible.
Local gypsy community and taxi drivers signing up in droves....!!

I have mentioned this before Electrofix when it opened in Scotland said I could not join as I was not a scheme member or Part P so i explained that they were in another country and these conditions did not apply they asked me to contact a Clare Doran who then requested a copy of my qualifications and SJIB grade card and that was it. As for anyone getting a electrofix card well where I stay in Edinburgh I have witnessed guys shouting and screaming at the staff because they could not produce a SJIB card then they were given a red card.

Just to add I use them a lot and I think the click and collect is perfect for me ie no turning up to find that they dont have any and no wasted petrol.

When in reality, the staff are on a reward scheme to sign up as many as possible.
Local gypsy community and taxi drivers signing up in droves....!!

You might be right there, depends who you get. I tried at Trafford Screwfix year or so back, geezer was having none of it, reeled off my quals, got to have a scheme number, I walked away and went to Toolstation.

Reply to Electricfix in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net