Discuss Electricians Blog - Who's up for contributing to it? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Reaction score
Evening lads and ladies. Just a quick one about an electricians blog I'm trying to get going.

Some keen-eyed members would have noticed that we keep having an electricians blog button appear. Then disappear again. I keep breaking it.

We have a Tilers Blog and Plumbers Blog running and working. Albeit missing some detailed content. The contributions (articles?) on there already are mostly there so I can configure the system and make sure it's knitting in with the forum software properly.

So the comments system uses the forum software not the blog software, to make sure when people are commenting and clicking like etc, they get their counts change forum-wise.

Anyyyywaay, on all forums I'm looking out for a few contributors to it. I can actually set it up so that any member of the forum, or arms member, or esteemed etc, can have the ability to post an article. But I don't think I've got the balls for that just yet lol :D

But I'd be interested in knowing if any people on here would like to contribute to it.

On the tilers and plumbers forum I seem to have a lot of people saying they wouldn't mind contributing, only to then find out they've got a commercial interest in what it is they want to post about.

Now I don't mind companies submitting press-releases, I'll post them. And sponsors adding their news, I'll post them. But those will always be fair, open, and obvious - when it comes to what it is they're doing. So getting their news out. Fair enough.

But when it's a member of a forum, just under a username, then plugging a tool or supplier, you have to ask yourself, how much have they been paid. lol - I don't want that type of thing. I want honest articles that we can host for all-time to come. When I've got the electricians blog working right, it's going to stay online forever. I know I break a lot of stuff as we change software, but this is using wordpress. And that's always going to be around. Hence the reason for me getting the forum, knit with the blog, and them still both run independently from each other. So they can both be upgraded independently and not have an effect on the other.

If you're interested in helping, let me know by replying to this thread, or PM me.

I would be willing to contribute the occassional article for a blog. Maybe from the perspective of being in the domestic sector and general observations, dealing with customers, finding work etc...

Both bloody brilliant. :) I'd read both of those and I'm not even a spark.

Keep 'em coming.

Edit: you know @KennyKen I made a drilling forum on plumbers: https://www.plumbersforums.net/categories/oil-and-gas-drilling-forums.130/

To test the water see if we can get some drillers on there. I assumed it's kinda gigantic plumbing. In a way. But I just realise now that a sparky is needed every time they want to switch something on drill-wise!

So I guess it falls under a sparky forum too.

Will report back to you if I find some fellow drillers/riggers lol (WTF are they called?!)

So, like a normal electricians perspective, but all your tools keep blowing away from you because of the strong winds. :D

Thanks matey. I'll hold you all to this. :) :p

So, like a normal electricians perspective, but all your tools keep blowing away from you because of the strong winds. :D

Thanks matey. I'll hold you all to this. :) :p
Summers always the funniest for digging trenches whilst being bitten by midges. You and up like a demented idiot. If you wear a midge net you just sweat buckets and cant see anything as it streams into your eyes!

I think that's a global thing not even UK alone to be fair! Just about got rid of them here in the Midlands. Thank god the weird warm (and random really hot) days have gone.

I don't mind hot weather as long as it's consistent, I know I'm wearing my shorts then. When it keeps going hot and cold I'm always wearing shorts on the cold days and jeans and jumper in the sun. Just can't seem to get it right lol

I think that's a global thing not even UK alone to be fair! Just about got rid of them here in the Midlands. Thank god the weird warm (and random really hot) days have gone.

I don't mind hot weather as long as it's consistent, I know I'm wearing my shorts then. When it keeps going hot and cold I'm always wearing shorts on the cold days and jeans and jumper in the sun. Just can't seem to get it right lol
typical tiler. just remember... shiny side up. :p :p :p

Reply to Electricians Blog - Who's up for contributing to it? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net