Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Elesca + NIC in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

axel132132

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi,

Whats the diff between Elesca and NICEIC?? Are they pretty much the same (Apart from NICEIC more recognised - i think)

Cheers Guys

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
M

Mark_Burgess

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You are pretty much right, some of the guys on here that are with Elecsa started off with the NIC as they are the "known brand" but are now with Elecsa as the NIC are not what they used to be when it comes to supporting their scheme members.

Go with Elecsa, I doubt you will ever be asked by your customers what scheme you are with.

A

axel132132

Just the old company i used to be with used to advertise that there NIC like mad, was on a job once with them and the owner of business had a previous test cert that was just one printed online.

My boss then said thats not worth the paper its written on, you only want test certs that have NICEIC on them

Just confuses me lol

Top Cat

-
Arms
You are pretty much right, some of the guys on here that are with Elecsa started off with the NIC as they are the "known brand" but are now with Elecsa as the NIC are not what they used to be when it comes to supporting their scheme members.

Go with Elecsa, I doubt you will ever be asked by your customers what scheme you are with.
Oh come on, NICEIC are the crem de la crem!:sad_smile:

Out of interest who's the cheapest these days

S

StuSpiers

None of them have any credibility any more.

ipf

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
elecsa are £444 as i recall. and £1.50 per cert. how much is it for NIC?
That's dear! £75 for 50 minor works ? lol!

M

MarkieSparkie

So are we basically talking

NICEIC = Armarni, Dolce & Gabanna ... All style and no substance, just flash for piles of cash!
Elesca = Primark, Next ... Functional everyday value for money!

Lol
Paraphrasing your analogy.

M

MKS

If and it is a big if, you can get Primark prices at Next, I am taking the day off and going shopping lol

O

Octopus

That's dear! £75 for 50 minor works ? lol!
Why is it £75 for 50 minor works?

The Elecsa fee is for notification costs. You only get charged by Elecsa for notifable jobs, unlike NICEIC, who, I understand, charge you for a certificate number.

Amp David

-
Mentor
Arms
Don't the NIC charge more per notification, but also add an amount for the warranty?

With elecsa the warranty is up to the customer if they but it

Don't the NIC charge more per notification, but also add an amount for the warranty?

With elecsa the warranty is up to the customer if they but it
Nail on head mate.

S

Swicade

To sum up....this thread 'who's best Elecsa or Nic'......another thread on these forums 'whose best Napit or Nic'....come denomonator is 'Nic' as they are the most well know out of the 3 seperate Scam Scheme's.

Tbh i'm still undecided if any one of the three are better for the Electrician/Electrical trade than any other, think it's down to personal choice but by far NicEic are the best known by the general public.

ExArmy

-
Arms
so does anybody know how much NICEIC charge? for some reason i thought it was around £600 for a domestic installer only and £900 for approved contractor but i don't know whaere i have got that from?

Top Cat

-
Arms
so does anybody know how much NICEIC charge? for some reason i thought it was around £600 for a domestic installer only and £900 for approved contractor but i don't know whaere i have got that from?
NICEIC domestic installer £454.80

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network

Reply to Elesca + NIC in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom