Discuss Epc results in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Here are the Results for

Detached house 2 floor (54m2) so fairly small house.
combi boiler with controls
double glazed
NO loft insulation
NO cavity wall insulation
NO energy bulbs
NO PV

RESULTS E 53 POINTS

ADD SOLAR PV ONLY (wait for it wait for it ) it has actually jumped up to a C 70 Points (4kw south facing )

REMOVE SOLAR PV
ADD ENERGY BULBS x 12 100% of house D 55 points

ADD ALL ABOVE loft insulation etc

RESULT B 88 points

Make house twice size

drops to B 80

Remove ALL above at twice size (REMOVE PV Energy bulbs etc)

RESULT E 50

add 4 kw solar pv

RESULT D 60

add energy bulbs

RESULT D 62

Add loft insulation

RESULT C 69

hope this give a little picture

MEP, which version of the software are you using? I keep getting conflicting opinions about how many point PV can add to the same house, but then I was also told the software is being updated to better account for PV, hence just curious whether this is the most recent version (it would make sense)

Thanks MEP, this is useful advice to all of us, the band D thing might not end up so bad after all.
I had mentioned before that PV could add quite a few points, but got shot down in flames, and as I had no way to prove it, I just kept my head down.
The problem is every house is different, so what we may think will raise the EPC to a certain level may not, guess we will get the hang of it, well unless they change the rules half way through...
Thanks again.

I have only just passed my DEA level 3 and I still awaiting my certs to get EMCK accredited.
So I am no expert, every house is different as earthstone mentions.

I did do an EPC where a pv system only added a few points so that why I was surprised for the above to jump to a C rating by just adding Solar pv .

I am using EMCK online version 4.04

I not sure how underfloor heating rates to be honest

it looks to me the SIZE of the house plays a big roll - this was a detached house so it has four exposed external walls , so a semi or a terrace may do better. (less exposed walls).

Hi MEP, thanks again for this rating exercise. How does it work when a property is made up of portions built at different ages? e.g. "merged" properties

Reply to Epc results in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net