Discuss Euro 2016 in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Here you go lads, a thread for you all to chat about the latest Tournament and what you think about Englands chances etc.
I know Zero about football with it being a Girls game, so this will be my only input to the thread.

Oh and for the record this was Darkwoods Idea but he was to lazy to start it.

Enjoy and chat away:50::50::50:

I don't bother watching it either, a girls game, now Rugby on the other hand?

The way I see it pete is even if the England Rugby team was as bad as the football team ( which they're not ) at least they earn their wages.
There was a funny pic on faceache yesterday of rooney ( hate that pasty shrek faced **** ) and Ronaldo, If I can find it again i will pop it in the thread.

Here you go Pete, I love the Tag line

Attachments

• Screenshot (56).png
    828.7 KB · Views: 87
At least Ronaldo has his looks going for him, Rooney, well Shrek is the right description

In all fairness regarding the recent incidents, Russia has alot ot answer for and they are well known for their organised gangs of hooligans, somewhat similiar to what we had 20yrs ago, seems theirs are still very active. The media until last night chose to make it look like UK hooligans but eye witnesses express they were attacked first by Russian gangs... admittedly we still have a small problem but up to press we haven't instigated any of the trouble we have been labled to have created.

I have a few mates out there who are giving me daily updates and basically say that it is like a warzone with the police being no better than the russians who are intentionally targeting the England supportes ( who are far from snow white ) but it clearly showed the Russian hooligans storming through the stands to attack the English.

I don't watch either , but I am curious to know why rugby fans , and most other sport fans are well behaved ; but football fans.....

Rugby is a thugs game played by Gentlemen, the supporters, many of which are ex amateur, or wannabe players and are consequently better behaved.

I recall back in the 80s I think Bath were Playing Gloucester in the then John Player cup Final, I managed to get hold of a ticket and ended up in the Gloucester end of Twickers in my Bath shirt surrounded by Cherry and White, best day I ever had at a Rugby match, Oh Bath annihilated Glos, no fights no trouble even got a lift home from some Glos fans, brilliant best day ever.

This is a really distressing state of affairs. It is disgusting that genuine fans cannot go and support their sport without encountering this sort of behaviour.
There must be an agenda here somewhere.

Being Welsh Im soaking it up! Stunning result for welsh football allround and can only be a positive moving forward. I like the English squad but cant help but feel they lack the pride and unity that the other home nations have.

Been proved time again and certainly recently you dont need a team of superstars to perform to your best.. on another note who else has money on northern ireland to win!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Being Welsh Im soaking it up! Stunning result for welsh football allround and can only be a positive moving forward. I like the English squad but cant help but feel they lack the pride and unity that the other home nations have.

Been proved time again and certainly recently you dont need a team of superstars to perform to your best.. on another note who else has money on northern ireland to win! 

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Correct, and I aint Welsh

Rugby is a thugs game played by Gentlemen, the supporters, many of which are ex amateur, or wannabe players and are consequently better behaved.

I recall back in the 80s I think Bath were Playing Gloucester in the then John Player cup Final, I managed to get hold of a ticket and ended up in the Gloucester end of Twickers in my Bath shirt surrounded by Cherry and White, best day I ever had at a Rugby match, Oh Bath annihilated Glos, no fights no trouble even got a lift home from some Glos fans, brilliant best day ever.

Same in Rugby League, 2000 Challenge Cup Final at Murrayfield Edinburgh (Wembley closed for the rebuild). Working away in Glasgow all week, stayed over an extra night and bought a ticket from a fan 2 hours before kick off. Just happened to be in the Bradford Bulls end of the ground!!!! Great day (apart from losing), no trouble, loads of in game banter & whitey comments.

Police statement the day after was full of praises for the fans and said they would welcome us back any time..... It would be great to go back for a major cup final. Scotland welcomed Yorkshire with open arms and what a weekend it was (apart from the flooding for local residents that we had to walk past to get to the grounds).

In all fairness regarding the recent incidents, Russia has alot ot answer for and they are well known for their organised gangs of hooligans, somewhat similiar to what we had 20yrs ago, seems theirs are still very active. The media until last night chose to make it look like UK hooligans but eye witnesses express they were attacked first by Russian gangs... admittedly we still have a small problem but up to press we haven't instigated any of the trouble we have been labled to have created.

Some of you may be aware but I was posted to Moscow in the eary-mid 1980sthe cols war was still being fought, but we got tickets for some international football games, the journey to the ground was policed by shoulder to shoulder cops and Army guys, not a chance of any trouble, mind you I don't know what the punishment would have been if something kicked off, Siberia is not a pleasant place anytime of the year, maybe Putin is behind it, who knows?

Last edited:
Don't have much interest in football but play and watch rugby. The violence in France is disgusting though regardless of who's to blame and it's embarrassing. I feel sorry for any genuine supporter who is there to enjoy the tournament.

So who is taking off Thursday afternoon off to watch the England & Wales game?

We had an email at work saying we can watch it in the canteen if we want.
I won't be. Not into footy. A mate and I will be looking at a little electronic project I'm working on instead, I don't have an oscilloscope a home.

Well done to Wales tonight. Played with pride and commitment and deserve to be going to the semi final.

Reply to Euro 2016 in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net